She's been put down :-(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph-jo-petlover

Reaction score
As Sit here typing to you all tears are runningdown my face, my nose has gone red and my lips are swollen, my eyes arepuffy and my head hurts from all my crying.:(

Millie has been the best rabbit I have ever had, and some of you mayremember thatI told you all thatmy littlenetherland dwarf had died, even though it wasent the kindest of rabbitsI still loved her to bits. I origionly had two and the First died atthe age of four from fly Strike (she was called pansy), and 5 yearslater our other rabbit flopsy died at the age of 8inaugust2006 as some of you may remember me tellingyou about. You probebly all remember me talking to you about me wantinganother one because it felt empty with a family member gone. Ieventually managed to get two rabbits from 'sue's rabbit rescue' theywere only 7 weeks old and they were tiny. A few months went onandI decided that these were my perfect rabbits, they diddentbite,scratch,runaway from you, they would let you stroke them (ourother rabbits would never let us do that), and most importantly theywere happy to see me, and i would sit outside on my knees and play withthem for a long time.:)

It was a week tommorow wheni noticed a large swelling on Millies leftcheek, I told my dad but we couldent take her to the vets until monday,andI hated that because I dident know what was wrong withher, all I could do was wait.

Monday came and my dad took her to the vets while I was at school, whenhe got back he saidthe vets dident know what it was, and so they gaveus some antibiotics to give her. We gave her it every morning and everynight, and when it got to friday(today) my dad had to take her back fora check up. I had high hopes for her because she was eating well, andseemed to be her normal perky old self.

When my dad got back from work he broke the news to me. (another tear rolls down my face)

Her back left molars wernt growing through, in fact they were doing theexact opposite - they were growing backwards into her skull, andeventually as she would get older it would kill her, and she would bein alot of pain before she passed away. The vets rung my dad at hiswork to say that they have noticed this when x-raying her, they said itis extreemly rare.

They said it would be best to put her out of her missery and send herto sleep, while she is still sudated, because when she wakes up, shewould be in a huge amount of pain again. My dad found it a difficultchoice to makebut he said it was the right dessision.

Im glad she's out of pain now but I just wish I could have saidgoodbye(another tear rolls down my face:(), I dident even get to seeher in the morning before she went because I had a dentist apointment.Im so upset that she had to be put down because of a rare and painfulPhenomenon.

I am more sorry For our other rabbit bubbles, heis such a little charecter, and he will be heart broken to wake up inthe morning and his beloved sister has gone. What can I do to help him?I am going to be with him as much as I can but He will be so lonely,however I dont think I can cope with another rabbit, that I will get toknow and to love and then have it Die on me, I just dont think I cancope, but if it means giving bubbles a happy life thenI willhave to reconsider. I would love some help because my head is in such amess I carnt think Straight.:(

R.I.P MILLIEOver the rainbow Bridge she goes - died today 15/12/06

:(Thank you for your time Steph:(

I'm so sorry about your loss. She was beautiful.

They say that there are several stages of grief - I forget them all -but there is anger, and denial and bartering and finally - acceptance.

Right now you're still in shock. Its not the best time to decidewhether or not to have another rabbit. Give yourself time to grieveover this before you make a decision.

Peg

Thanks for your replies.

I am still in shock but a thousand and one things are running throughmy mind. and as you say the very last stage is acceptance which mightjust take a while. I have allready had one bunnie die one me this yearand now another one, I just carnt cope.

Thank you for your kindness.

Steph:(

Massive hugs going out to you, Steph. It broughta tear to my eye and a lump tp my throat reading your sad story. It'sterrible to have to lose such a precious part of our lives, but youhave to remember the joy that Millie brought to you while she wasalive, and that you have saved her from a terrible fate.

It may not seem like it now, but things will get better.

OMG Steph, I am so sorry for yourloss. It has to be so hard especially since you didn't get tosay goodbye like you said. That has to be tough. Mythoughts and prayers for your peace and strength are withyou. :pray:

Binky free Millie :rainbow:

Im so glad I can let my feelings out on thisforum you are all so kind, I couldent wish for better people to talk tothrough this time.

Thank you very much and as you say I had the best time with her whileshe was here. ButI will still always have the thought of notsaying goodbye to her, and it is something that might just be one ofthose things that you have sitting on your shoulder.

Many thanks

Aww, Sweetie...I'm so sorry to read about sweetMillie. She's such a beautiful bunny, and not just inlooks...she had a beautiful heart, too.

I what you mean in being unable to say goodbye. I had a kittyonce named KeyKat that was and still is my heart kitty. Shewas my dearest friend, and loved me so unconditionally andbeautifully. One day my mother and I noticed that she washaving a hard time breathing, so my mother took her in to see the vet,but wouldn't let me come along...made me go to school thatday. When I came home, I learned that she had been interrible pain and that the vet had recommend she be put to sleep, so mymother had him do so. I never got to say goodbye to my sweetgirl, and to this day it literally makes me cry, even talking about itnow. KeyKat was so wonderful and caring and loving, and Imiss her to this day. That was about ten years ago.

I know it hurts, Sweetie...we are all here for you. It willget better day by day, but I know how you feel, like it won't, evenlike it shouldn't. Though time doesn't take pain away, itcertainly helps bit by bit...though it's unnoticable.

My love to you, Sweetie...this is so tough...let us know anyway anyonecan possibly help, okay? Like I said, we are here foryou. We're all a part of the RO Family, and are grievingright along-side you.

Much Love,

Rosie*

P.S. Be sure to give Bubbles lots of love and kisses from everyone...I'm sure she misses her friend.

Steph, I am sorry to hear about Millie. I amcrying right along with you. We lostour little boy Puffearlier this year, and it's hard to deal with. I didn't get to saygoodbye either. It's just something you have to live with, even thoughit so awful. But I tell him all of the time that I love him and I misshim and that I hope one day we're all together again. I'm sure sheloves you for everything you did for her. My thoughts and prayers arewith you, your family, and Millie.

maherwoman wrote:
P.S. Be sure to give Bubbles lots of love andkisses from everyone...I'm sure she misses her friend.

I have given him lots of veg and his favorite the Carrot. I have heldhim gently and told him everything that has happened, hoping that hewill understand, and he has had love from everyone including the ROfamily.

That's wonderful that you've explainedthings...I think they do understand a lot of what we're saying, if onlyin our behaviour. You're a wonderful bunny mama, Steph...:)

Aww no...i'm so..so..sorry,i couldn't help but shed a few tears while reading your post,it was very sad :(

Millie was such a pretty little girl

:hug2:

Binky free little Millie :rainbow:

cheryl

I try to do the best for any animal and I feel that talking to them helps them to understand you and visa versa.

I carnt thank you enough for all your support and kindness.

I can see her binking right now. (ranibow bridge)

You're so welcome...I hope it does something, at least a little, to help. We love ya, Hun.

My love to you and Bubbles, and of course to your Millie, Flopsy, and your little dwarf bunny.

:rose::heartbeat:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. She was abeautiful rabbit. At least you know that she won't be in pain anymore.Your Millie kows that you love her, so don't feel guilty. Just rememberher life, that is what makes her live on forever. :hug2:

~Star~

"My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today." ~Watership Down~

Im very sorry about your rabbit,I too lost aprecious bunny this year.he was older when we got him, a retired showrabbit. he was a Holland lop and very sweet.sadly missed by his mate arescued lop doe.bluebird

Latest posts

Back