She loves us!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
Sooo... some of you might remember that when Chalk was ill, and we had to give her all that medicine, she kept hopping up on the sofa, hopping on to me, and either digging my stomach, or biting me on the nose. :(Not very nice! :disgust:

Well, since she's recovered, something strange has happened....

She's started kissing us!

If we put out hands in the cage to rub her nose, she'll lick our fingers for ages. If I kneel down and stick my nose and face up to the cage, she'll hop over and lick it! The other day I put my head in the top of the cage, and she put her paws on my shoulder and licked my cheek, nose and eye for aaaages!

Just a few minutes ago, she hopped up to see me, and instantly I was worried that she would bite me. I prepared myself for the nip. She hopped onto the back of the sofa, ran along the back towards me, and.... licked my nose!!

:shock2::inlove:

I don't know where this licky kissy bunny came from but I hope she stays for a long time! :hearts:biggrin2::hearts

Aww, gosh............I want a kissy bunny!!!!!!!!!

Can I have a kissy bunny? Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with a craisin on top?

Sheesh...all I get is the occasional bunny butt :?.

Pandaboy wrote:
awhhhh

Maybe this is her way of saying "Hey, they aren't so bad after all":bunnyheart

Or maybe she is saying, "Thank You for making me feel all better!!!" and just can't express it enough. I know I get extra circles and hums from Patrick when he feelsall good in his tummy. Chalk just can'ttell youenough how shefeelsaboutall of the nips, medicine, and feeling grumpy/bad. I hope your kissy bunny stays for a long, healthy time. :biggrin2:

myheart

Aw, what a sweet little girl! I'm glad you have a kissy little bunny :biggrin2: Rory for some reason is really mad at me right now and won't associate with me, but my little Skybes likes to give kisses and cuddles too :inlove:

I've had Edie for almost a year now and just over the past few weeks, she has started kissing me...A LOT!!!! Which, of course, I love! I hold her at night for about an hour and she grooms me the entire time. Hubby looks over and says, "Time for your bunny bath!" Maybe she just likes the salty taste of my skin, but I want to believe it is b/c she loves me and is soooo happy with us now. :bunnyheart

myheart wrote:
Pandaboy wrote:
awhhhh

Maybe this is her way of saying "Hey, they aren't so bad after all":bunnyheart

Or maybe she is saying, "Thank You for making me feel all better!!!" and just can't express it enough. I know I get extra circles and hums from Patrick when he feelsall good in his tummy. Chalk just can'ttell youenough how shefeelsaboutall of the nips, medicine, and feeling grumpy/bad. I hope your kissy bunny stays for a long, healthy time. :biggrin2:

myheart
Myheart, thank you for this! We had sort of suggested the same thing as well. I like to think that maybe she realised that we gave her all that horrible medicine and took her to those mean vets for a good reason, because we wanted the best for her. I'm gad she has forgiven us! :D

Crystal, LOL! Ok, here are some pics:

She was licking Steve's cheek in this picture:
1216129229.jpg

And here she is just after she'd finished licking me- Steve is terrible at using the camera so there's no good pictures of me with bunnies lol!

1216129666.jpg

'I'm not a kissy bunny! Well, not all the time....'

1216129848.jpg

Great pics!!! They really do warm my heart knowing you areforgiven for all of the badness.

LOL about your husband not taking good pics of you with buns. Usually I try to hold the camera out myself to take pics of myself and a critter. Thank goodness for digital.... Some of the pics actually turn out fairly nice and others have a more, shall we say, artistic flavor. Might want to give that a try...LOL

myheart

myheart..... He's not my husband! He wont marry me! :( He's scared of marriage apparently cos his parents were divorced.... *sniff* lol! :( Sometimes I do wonder why on earth I want to marry him though lol!! :p

I used to do the taking the picture myself thing, but now I have a D-SLR and if I do that I kind of wack myself in the face with the lens lol, plus it's too heavy to hold with one hand! :p

I'll try and use my old camera and try and get some better 'kissy proof' pictures! :p:biggrin2:

Oh and earlier, Steve held Chalk as he bought her in from the garden. Remembering the day before when she'd kissed my nose as I helf her, I went and put my face next to hers. What did I get? A great big nip on the noggin! :X She still knows how to tell us when she's done being held lol!

Thanks for the pics, Jen! Love them all! Too cute.

I hope you get married when you'd like, that stinks, Steve!:p You're too cute with the buns though, that's a start, lol!:D

mouse_chalk wrote:
myheart..... He's not my husband! He wont marry me! :( He's scared of marriage apparently cos his parents were divorced.... *sniff* lol! :( Sometimes I do wonder why on earth I want to marry him though lol!! :p

I used to do the taking the picture myself thing, but now I have a D-SLR and if I do that I kind of wack myself in the face with the lens lol, plus it's too heavy to hold with one hand! :p

I'll try and use my old camera and try and get some better 'kissy proof' pictures! :p:biggrin2:

Sorry about the marriage thing... It is an assumption that people make of myself and the guy who lives with me also. Sorry, went down that road once and don't intend to do it again. At least Itried the marriage-thing. It doesn't fit me because Ilike my independence. Tell him he's a chicken until he tries it. Brussel sprouts are icky to me, but that is because I refuse to try them.

I will have to take your advice on the DSLR thing. **Note to self -- Don't get rid of other camera... Can't take self-portraits with DSLR... Might bonk self in head**LOL!!!

myheart

myheart wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:

Sorry about the marriage thing... It is an assumption that people make of myself and the guy who lives with me also. Sorry, went down that road once and don't intend to do it again. At least Itried the marriage-thing. It doesn't fit me because Ilike my independence. Tell him he's a chicken until he tries it. Brussel sprouts are icky to me, but that is because I refuse to try them.

I will have to take your advice on the DSLR thing. **Note to self -- Don't get rid of other camera... Can't take self-portraits with DSLR... Might bonk self in head**LOL!!!

myheart
Aww, don't be sorry! It's not your fault lol, it's his! :p I did point out to him that although you don't get into it easily, and it's not something to be taken lightly, it's not as much of a long-term commitment as say, buying a house (which we're wanting to do) or getting bunnies. It's technically easier to get out of a marriage than it is to try and work out who would have the bunnies- we'd both want them. (Although I can imagine going through a divorce is a horrible thing, and not something I'd like to go through myself) But, I keep telling him that if he doesn't want to, some other guy will want to marry me some time soon! (It's completely untrue though lol!:() But I'm not bringing up the subject anymore, because when/IF he does ever propose, I want it to be because he wants to, not because he thinks it will make me happy... But, I digress, as always! :p

I tried to get a pic of me and Chalk 'kissing' earlier, but she hopped away too soon and I just ended up with an unsighlty picture of me with my nose stuck through the cage instead lol! I'll keep trying!

Thanks everyone else for the comments! Chalk is very flattered and says you wish you all had a bunny as cute and lovely as her! She says she's not in the least big-headed but she can see why she's so adored lol.... :rollseyes:laughsmiley::p

Latest posts

Back