Seen any good movies lately?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happi Bun wrote:
The latest movie I saw was "Up" and it was wonderful! I had some concerns it would be too much of a "kid movie" but it wasn't at all. I will definitely be purchasing it later on.
ohh yeah!!! Up was really good. It was not really a kiddie move, I agree. There are a lot of more grown up themes and emotions. But it was so good.

I've heard it was good. I want to see it, but once again, I'm too cheap to go see it! lol It will be going on my Netflix list as soon as it's released on DVD!

I love kid's cartoon movies. Well, I like the Pixxar ones. I own Ratatouille, and my roommate (who, in my own defense, is older than me!) owns Finding Nemo, Fung Fu Panda and Wall-E. Eventually, I will buy all of those for myself. :) I still need to get all of the "classic" Disney movies on DVD. I only have Beauty and The Beast and The Lion King on VHS. I need to update! :lookaround

Oh! I was thinking about some of my favorite "hidden" gems, as far as movies go. They are the ones that a lot of people don't hear about, nor do they budge from their normal movie genres. Here goes my listy!

- Black Sheep (not the one with Chris Farley). This one is about sheep farmers in New Zealand (if I remember right) who have a sudden outbreak where the sheep mutate and start attacking people. Once bitten, the people start turning into "sheep" (more like were-sheep). It sounds corny, because it is, but it is oh-so-awesome.

- Kung Fu Hustle - Completely subtitled and full of silliness. It's a Kung-Fu movie about a man who wants to be part of a gang (in the early-to-mid 1900's). Sweet Kung-Fu action along with silliness. Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a comedy.

- Underworld Series (Underworld, Underworld: Evolution, & Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) - Some people didn't see this because it looked to "gothy". Great movie series (and they're not done yet)! As with most movie series, the best one is the first one, then they go slightly downhill from there.

Well, I have to go to work soon, so I have to end my little list with three entries (sad, isn't it?). I will try and add more soon.

ETA: The Namesake was a good movie. It was long, kind of drawn-out in parts, but very moving. I don't think I'd buy it (or see it more than once every few years), but it was one of those really interesting to watch movies.

kherrmann3 wrote:
- Kung Fu Hustle - Completely subtitled and full of silliness. It's a Kung-Fu movie about a man who wants to be part of a gang (in the early-to-mid 1900's). Sweet Kung-Fu action along with silliness. Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a comedy.

"What's wrong with red underwear?" LOL. Funny movie.

ETA: The Namesake was a good movie. It was long, kind of drawn-out in parts, but very moving. I don't think I'd buy it (or see it more than once every few years), but it was one of those really interesting to watch movies.

Oh, I LOVED The Namesake. Moving story, beautiful cinematography, and it was refreshing to see Kal Pen in a serious role.

fear71851 wrote:
Gran Torino
The best movie i have ever seen HaHa.
It has comedy, And a happy and sad ending at the same time, i really like it, i do not see how anyone could dislike it.
Good movie (love Clint Eastwood)...btw he's not doing too bad for a guy almost ready to turn 80, lol!

We watched "Thank You For Smoking" tonight. It was pretty good. I don't think I'd watch it again anytime soon, but it was entertaining.

"The boy in the striped pajamas"

It was very moving and very sad. It was about a little boy becoming friends with a Jewish boy who is in a concentration camp. I couldn't stop thinking about the movie for days afterward.

Ohh, I have to see Namesake. I read the book and it was pretty depressing but I enjoyed it very much. I wonder if the movie is the same kind of darkness.

I saw Changeling on the plan and it was good but not that great. Angelinas voice in it annoyed me bad! I started watching boy in striped pyjamas after reading the book and thinking it was a great read, but although it was sad I didn't really enjoy it. Knocked up's on tomorrow on t.v so may watch that. Love that movie. Has anyone seen Harry Potter?

Latest posts

Back