SEEKING: Rex in the UK

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

War_Tepes

Reaction score
My friend is looking to get a Rex to bond with her Dutch and she can't seem to find one ANYWHERE!

Anyone in the UK got a Rex up for adoption?

Preferably a female too.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads/responds to this!

War

There seem to be very few Rex around apart from with breeders. A pet store owner I know said she hasn't seen a Rex for almost ten years!

If you can't find one for adoption I could ask a good local breeder if she knows any breeders near you if you want? Or if you fancy a trip to Wales I'll have some babies soon. :p

Hey, thanks for all the links and thanks for the offer!

Ni might be interested in one of the babies from wales.

Got any more details on them?

War & Ni

Edit: It's also not necessarily a rex Ni is looking for anymore, just one that will most likely be alright with a Dutch rabbit.

There are so many bunnies in rescues near you. And they come spayed/neutered, with shots and everything.

I would suggest that she take her bunny to meet some of them. Good luck!

I am planning to. I'm just keeping my options open. I need get Zac castrated first anyway before I start introducing him to other rabbits. At the moment I'm just browsing.

I just think my family would prefair a more wilder looking rabbit, rather the a lop or long haired, because the rabbit has free range in the garden for about 8 hours a day, and we like how natural it looks.

Ni x

Well, just about any breed of rabbit can get on with a Dutch, it just depends on the rabbit.

I'm expecting a litter of Rex at the beginning of August, might get quite a mix of colours, some possibilties are black, blue, sable and harlequin (I was told the doe I was from a pure colour line, I found later that this couldn't be further from the truth!).

If you're not specifically looking for Rex though, I would suggest visiting shelter rabbits instead of buying one, as you will be able to let your bunny meet rabbits first to make sure they get on, and lots of shelter rabbits are desperate for a new home!

Latest posts

Back