Sebastian's bald chin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul2641

Reaction score
Where a human would have there chin I found a bald patch on Sebastian, What is the cause of this? It's kinda like a small square is missing could it be were he chins everything he sees.

A picture might help, but it could be he has worn it away, or it could be he caught it and the scab has come off or something.

Bucks have a tendency to have more secretions from the scent glands on their chins which may cause hair loss in that area.

Pam

paul2641 wrote:
Sorry I can't get a photo, Sebastian is continuously chinning everything could this be the cause?

Yes, rubbing combined with the secretions can cause bald areas. I've had a couple bucks like that.

As Flashy mentioned, a photo is very helpful ;)

Pam

pamnock wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Sorry I can't get a photo, Sebastian is continuously chinning everything could this be the cause?

Yes, rubbing combined with the secretions can cause bald areas. I've had a couple bucks like that.

As Flashy mentioned, a photo is very helpful ;)

Pam
I'll try but it really is mission impossible to get the camera off my sister.

I would want to check his teeth because drooling can lead to fur loss around the mouth. Tooth problems can cause drooling.

tonyshuman wrote:
I would want to check his teeth because drooling can lead to fur loss around the mouth. Tooth problems can cause drooling.
He eats perfectly? I will see how the money flow is and if it goes good I'll get him checked, But honestly I don't think there is any real vet in my area rabbit savvy! Can you maybe explain what I don't want to see when I open his mouth? He is living with is bond mate Suki both altered.

All you can do yourself is look at the front teeth and make sure they line up correctly. The top teeth should overlap in front of the bottom teeth and they should all be straight and have flat tops.

Flash is bald on his chin and neck area from drooling. Try to clean the area with warm water then dry it really good. I used Neo Pre-Def until Randy said not to use the powder anymore and I started to use cornstarch. Sometimes the hair will grow back then it gets bad again with losing hair with scabs sometimes.

shinji2004 wrote:
How hot is it over where you are?
It's Ireland so it's quite cold, I think I worked it out Suki his bond mate just ripped the fur from his chin as it has now grown back!

angieluv wrote:
That's good Paul but Suki grooms sort of rough ;
better keep an eye on him so he doesn't actually hurt Sebastion
I'm actually considering unbonding suki and sebatian, as Sebastian is still trying to hump suki even though he has been neutered for over 2 months now and suki has been spayed over a month now, suki isn't the kind of doe who will take a buck continously humping her, I may add another rabbit into the group to take the heat off of suki.

If he is that dominate it would be hard to get him to bond with another male, he would be very protective over Suki

I think one of us is mixed up, Because sebastian is very calm and doesn't really mind anything, It is suki who is dominate, If sebastian tries to hump her for dominance she goes crazy and rips fur out.

Latest posts

Back