Scotland!!! (Warning! LOTS OF PICS!) :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunMommaD

Reaction score
So I thought that I would share some pics from our trip with you all... I took over 700 LOL these are just a few of my favorites :D we had a blast! Wow what a beautiful country! I hope we can move there one day :)

This is a shot of the sky on the way to Edinburgh from Amsterdam shortly after taking off...

fa9c6f26.jpg

The city of Edinburgh, I absolutely LOVE this city!

9a565c77.jpg

Hubby & I

a582dab0.jpg

12dddd42.jpg

OHHH YUM! Baked tatty with chick pea salad :)

99a648a0.jpg

89ed3575.jpg

Edinburgh Castle

d3eefcbb.jpg

Hubby did awesome driving on the RIGHT side of the road, which is of course THE LEFT ;)

6835491f.jpg

20p to PEE! I've never heard of paying for public toilets til coming to the UK... So funny lol

e6243037.jpg

The beach in Annan, that's England on the other side of the water!

3603bab9.jpg

Ben Lomond & Loch Lomond! SO incredible!

d51f6894.jpg

7bb7efd4.jpg

fc456428.jpg

60397b1d.jpg

View from my inlaws porch... Beautiful!

ee99bb15.jpg

7b416d16.jpg

e0677da4.jpg

The back of their awesome house :)

d8bf8523.jpg

Scottish traffic jam lol

7aebcf6c.jpg

4811563b.jpg

A sign in one of the towns restaurants! LOVE IT!

08c48874.jpg

24fa1039.jpg

Momma & baby... So cute!

b56b6c0d.jpg

Lawers Dam

ee776cc9.jpg

c6cf2344.jpg

568fd001.jpg

Grand Tully -- where my father in law used to compete professionally (kayaking)

42af0f21.jpg

Pitlochery fish ladder

2f7b9e5f.jpg

Arthol Palace

2ff78226.jpg

Skipping rocks on Loch Tay with Ben Lawers in the background

0e2d0441.jpg

3dd3a1de.jpg

Hubby being silly LOL

ac5bbb52.jpg

489b8160.jpg

c465da2e.jpg

Taymouth Castle!

410cfc5b.jpg

05f246cd.jpg

b75e331a.jpg

1e01fa82.jpg

b5fca507.jpg

c87b6ecc.jpg

7cd222de.jpg

3d288d47.jpg

a76537a7.jpg

Castle Menzies

4af8f51b.jpg

e84b6018.jpg

In front of stirling castle, over looking the city of stirling. It was really warm on that day lol

65273239.jpg

959e4c7b.jpg

9d60fad8.jpg

69d5f353.jpg

7af7d5a4.jpg

9cb2cda3.jpg

7d61441a.jpg

42111fb7.jpg

bc6ed1ec.jpg

8bf0a05a.jpg

Stirling castle from the street below...

e7cc9b3e.jpg

The William Wallace Monument!

728062a5.jpg

And finally hubby and I had a fishy pedicure in the amsterdam airport on the trip home :) lol it tickled so much, but left me feet SO soft, for days :)

677eab76.jpg

Speechless. So beautiful. You guys looked like you had tons of fun! I want to go so badly. I've never been out of the US before.

Thanks Liz for sharing your pics. Absolutely stunning Country. Loved all the old castles. And the views, especially from your in-laws backyard are breath taking.

Can't believe they make you pay for public restrooms. And the fish pedicure seemed odd but sounds like it worked.

You and your husband looked so cute and really looked like you enjoyed yourself. No wonder you want to go back. Again thanks for sharing. Truly enjoyed and envied a glimpse to your trip.

K:)

Beautiful photos and place :) Looks amazing.

Oy, yeah paying to use a public restroom :rollseyes I've had to do that in Turkey. Plus pay for a square or two of toliet paper. And then it's basically just a hole in the floor that you have to balance over and try not to fall.

Gorgeous pictures :) I've been to England and Wales, but not Scotland yet! It's supposed to be similar to Ireland. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

MagPie wrote:

Oy, yeah paying to use a public restroom :rollseyes I've had to do that in Turkey. Plus pay for a square or two of toliet paper. And then it's basically just a hole in the floor that you have to balance over and try not to fall.

Oh wow! It would be hard to pay for THAT! Lol at least the bathroom are usually really nice and clean :)

irishbunny wrote:
Gorgeous pictures :) I've been to England and Wales, but not Scotland yet! It's supposed to be similar to Ireland. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Ireland is on our list! I'm hoping the next trip over we can go through Dublin and spend a few days :)

You've got some very nice pictures there. It looks like you had some typically Scottish weather, too.

I'm heading over to Scotland this summer myself, with a dozen Boy Scouts for an international encampment at Blair Castle in Blair Atholl (about five miles from Pitlochry, where I can see you've been). This will be my ninth trip to Scotland, and we'll be stopping off in Dublin for a day on they way. I've posted some of my pictures of Scotland and Ireland to our Camera Corner forum, in case you wanted to see them.

Thanks mike! And enjoy your trip! My husband was born and raised in Scotland in the Dundee and aberfeldy area :) this was my second trip, as we went almost 6 years ago after we were married and spent about 5weeks touring the country side! It's an absolutely beautiful country, one I hope to one day be able to call home :)

I look forward to checking out your pictures! :)

BunMommaD wrote:
a welcomed relief from the horrid heat and humidity here in our part of the world... :)
Everything's relative. I'll never forget the Jamborette when the Scottish leaders gathered us all together for a safety briefing about the dangers of heat prostration. The forecast was for the temperatures to reach 72 for a third day in a row, and they were honestly worried about the heat.

The Scouts from California and Utah had barely taken off their sweatshirts yet...

BunMommaD wrote:
MagPie wrote:

Oh wow! It would be hard to pay for THAT! Lol at least the bathroom are usually really nice and clean :)
Hahaha true. I wouldn't normally. But when you are in the middle of no where in some country you don't speak the language, I didn't have much choice. I did like Turkey tho. Got to see some neat ruins.

MikeScone wrote:
BunMommaD wrote: 
a welcomed relief from the horrid heat and humidity here in our part of the world... :)
Everything's relative. I'll never forget the Jamborette when the Scottish leaders gathered us all together for a safety briefing about the dangers of heat prostration. The forecast was for the temperatures to reach 72 for a third day in a row, and they were honestly worried about the heat.

The Scouts from California and Utah had barely taken off their sweatshirts yet...

LOL so true! By our last day there, it had warmed up a bit and was around 76F... And all the news stations were talking about a heat wave LOL so funny, when we come back here the next day and it's nearly 100F and like 500% humidity! Lol it's funny tho, my hubby has lived here in the states for nearly 15 years and he still has never adjusted to the heat lol he hates it so much, and just gets so exhausted by it... I guess that beautiful scot weather is in his blood :)

MagPie wrote:
BunMommaD wrote:
MagPie wrote:
Hahaha true.  I wouldn't normally.  But when you are in the middle of no where in some country you don't speak the language, I didn't have much choice.  I did like Turkey tho.  Got to see some neat ruins.

Oh for sure! When u gotta go, you gotta go! ;) I'd love to see turkey, I bet it was awesome!

OOOooh it really was. We didn't get stay long as it was part of our cruise stop. We got to see a cottage that Mary supposedly lived in old age at. Tho the last night we were there we weren't allowed off the boat due to riots or what not. Pretty much offical looking guys with big guns haha.

MagPie wrote:
OOOooh it really was. We didn't get stay long as it was part of our cruise stop. We got to see a cottage that Mary supposedly lived in old age at. Tho the last night we were there we weren't allowed off the boat due to riots or what not. Pretty much offical looking guys with big guns haha.

Oh wow! I will say even in Scotland all of the police and guards at the airport are always packing! Seriously! Like HUGE machine like guns walking through the airport lol that is just so odd to me, being from the US where you just don't ever see that unless there is an issue lol but I'm sure they've got it right... I mean how in their right mind would mess with someone carrying a HUGE gun like that! Lol not me! ;)

Loved the pics. We were supposed to go two Summers past but Nancy got MRSA after back surgery so we spent our Summer hanging IV antibiotics instead. Her mother is living with us now, so we don't get to go to the store together anymore let alone take a vacation. Our kilts are stored away in anticipation though.

Love the pictures, I often forget just how enchanting and stunning this country really is (think I take it for granted as I live here) you have some truely stunning photos, if i were you I'd be getting some of them framed.

Little bit of funny knowledge, yes we have to pay to use public toilets in the UK but did you know that by an old Scottish law if someone comes to your home and asks to use the toilet you legally arent permitted to turn them down and must allow them to do so. Funny huh? I'm not sure how this extends to public toilets but I would reckon it would cover those too, it originates from the times when very few people had toilets in their homes and therefore if you were fortunate enough to be wealthy enough to have one you couldn't refuse to let someone use it even if they were a stranger. I wouldn't think many people would honor it these days though!

Glad you had fun here though.

Latest posts

Back