Scoobys sick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoobyDoo

Reaction score
Out in the middle of a Cornfield..., Iowa, USA
He isn't pooping/peeing, but he's still eatingand drinking pretty normally. I have been giving him pinapplejuice and medicine calledmetoclopram that has worked well forhim in the past (unfortunantly, this has happened before:().This started last night, i noticed after I cleaned his cage.If anyone has any advice that might help him, I'd be grateful.

Thank you, Caitlin

Echoing the usual forum advice, it's freshpineapple juice, not canned I trust?Do you havecanned pumpkin? Was it a GI problem last time?(There's always a tummy massage). Maybe take away the pelletsand let him eatmoretimothy hay.

Hope he's okay. (I'm sure he willbe). It's good that he's drinking, notsure why he's not peeing. Hopefullythe experts willchime in soon.

SAS

Pipp has some good advice. What kindof medicine ismetoclopram? Is it forhairballs? If you have Nutrical, you could give him some ofthat. It has a bit of laxatone (sp?) in it, which is alsogood for hairballs. And push the hay! In additionto the canned pumpkin, you can give him a few oats.

Poor Scooby. I love that little guy.

Every 4 hours: canned pumpkin as much as he'll eat, a papayatablet (each day), fresh pineapple juice - at least 1 cc. andNutriCal...about 1/2 inch anda cc. of Pedialyte to keepelectrolytes up.

Prayers and thought are with Scooby. I truly hope he willpull through this. Keep the litterbox cleaned out so that youknow if he does poop or not.

-Carolyn

Oh Caitlin, I can so sympathise with you, afterhaving the same trouble with Pernod a few days ago. She was givenmetoclopramide by the vet, along with baytril, and she is recoveringwell. As with the others advice, papaya (tablets or dried), freshpineapple juice and canned pumpkin. Good luck - my prayers are with youand Scooby- Jan

Noooooooo!!!!!!!

I loved Scooby's face and personality.

Oh I'm so distressed over this. I can't believe he'sgone. I was hopeful that after he pulled through in February,you'd have a repeat of that. I'll miss Scooby's face.

I'm so very sorry!My heart and prayers go out to you.

-Carolyn

Thank you Carolyn. I will really misshim, he & his brother were my first rabbits and my firstpets. I can't believe he's gone either. I mean, hewas energetic and everything so I really didn't think that he woulddie...Up til now Ive just sat in my room and cried. Thank youagain.

~Caitlin~

Oh no, I am so very sorry for your loss.My heart goes out to you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Iam so very sorry. What a doll. He will be very missed around here. Sosorry.

Tina

I'm so sorry about Scooby :(

He's in a good place and will be waiting for you.

....binkie free Scooby!

ScoobyDoo wrote:
I will really miss him, he & his brother were myfirst rabbits and my first pets.
~Caitlin~

That makes his leaving you even harder. I wish I could help,Caitlin. I wish I could bring him back.

When you meet your little buddy again, you'll never have to be separated again.

I'm so sad over the loss of ScoobyDoo and bluevelvet's rabbit, Floppy. This is turning out to be a very difficult day.

-Carolyn

I'm sovery sorry... but he is in abetter place where he will never have those troubles again.My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

:angel:Jamie

Meat tenderizer is a very good source of enzymes that can be mixed with the pineapple juice for an enzyme "cocktail".

In an "enzyme emergency" contact lens cleaners (that are desined toremove proteins from contact lenses) are another household enzymesource.

Pam

Dear Caitlin, I am so sorry to hearabout Scoobys passing. I know that you loved him dearly andthat he will always be in your heart. My Lumpy wentthrough the same thing, for 2 1/2 years. We put up a goodfight but the GI Statis won out. Looking at Scoobys picture,I thought about Lumpy. That little mustache brought tears tomy eyes, it's almost like looking at a twin. Lumpy was myfirst rabbit, too. It's been almost 2 years that hes beengone and I still cry for him. I think I alwayswill. So, dear sister, I offer my shoulder to cry on...andtight hugs, because you need them. Charlotte

poor scooby :(i am sorry that he isgone ,...maybe if and when you are ready if you get another bunny youcan name him scrappy doo (scooby nephew)in scoobys memory!

when my friend's dog, clyde,passed a few months later they bought another and named her bonnie.

Latest posts

Back