Scoobys sick--need some advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoobyDoo

Reaction score
Out in the middle of a Cornfield..., Iowa, USA
Scooby isn't eating or drinking! Hestarted this pretty early this morning and since then I've been makinghim drink through a syringe (sp?), and he had about 2 bites of food,but thats it.:(Does anyone know any any good ways to make him feelbetter or causes to why he won't eat/drink? I would take him to the vetbut itis Sunday and they are closed.:(He is perkyand everything though and I took pellets out because I heard theyweren't good for him when hes sick.

Try to tempt him to eat anything at this point: bananas, raisins, oatmeal, basically anything to keep his system moving.

I'm glad that you're getting water into him to keep him hydrated. Iassume you're bringing him into the vet first thing tomorrow? If not, Iwould.

I'm hoping Carolyn, Pam or Gabby see this post and respond.

tummy massages help, syringing water, cannedpumpkin, I would try and get into the vet tomorrow though, make surethey understand this is an emergency.

ScoobyDoo wrote:
no, he hasn't pooed at all. I'm worried.

Just to make sure give scooby 2 syringes of pineapple juice twice aday. their might be some digestive problems (and I always have a littlesix pack around(pineapple juice)).

Also check the behind to make sure the bun is not plugged up.Because if that happens( poo blocking the back end) the bun will be inbig trouble, things need to run smoothly down there. Thats mybiggest worry(and first thing to come to mind), that scooby has some"flow" problem.

No matter what I would say just for the heck of it flush that bun with pineapple juice, because theres no harm in doing so.

On top of that I've hear that a good idea is to soak the pellets tillthey turn to mush and use a surgyn to feed the bun the pellets.

even with that on Monday bring him in for a check up, itmight be costly, but its worth it. Like I said before I wouldreally like to have you give him some pineapple juice....

Good luck to you

things well be fine as long as your watching his every step.Keep on top of it, and I would check to see if he"s in arelaxing pose that can tell one alot.

Peter

Thanks so much for getting there and mentioning that thread, Gabby.

Love,
-Carolyn

Scooby's so gorgeous.

Go to page 10 on the post that Gabby referred you to.

Every 4 hours do the pineapple juice and canned pumpkin. That wholeregime I described on page 10 saved Tucker, but I was doing itfaithfully every 4 hours. Including getting up in the middle of thenight and coming home in the middle of the day.

I don't know what your rabbit may have ingested. If it is foam andsomething that doesn't break down, that's an operation. If it's ahairball and you stay on it, hopefully the rabbit will be able to passit.

You definitely need include the canned pumpkin in addition to the pineapple juice because the rabbit needs the fiber.

Do keep us posted.

Praying on this end.

-Carolyn

I keep Nutri Cal on hand for our rabbits whenthey are off feed. Due to the weather changes, a number ofviral strains are going around and I'm hearing of a lot of rabbitsgoing off their feed.

Pam

Carolyn wrote:
Thanks so much for getting there and mentioning that thread, Gabby.

Love,
-Carolyn
I saw there weren't any answers yet, so i knew i had to findthe info, because time is so of the essence.. normally by the time isee a post it has a good 10 replies..

have to admit, my mind can't concentrate at all..can't think to type...totally consumes with house stuff we are down to the wire, the check issupose to be going through or deposited or something on monday(from thepeople buying our house) then we'll be in a whirl wind trying to getpapers signed, and all so we can move in less than 2 weeks...

....unless we have to push the date off.. but paws crossed... have hada hard time thinking of nothing else.. to top it off hubby was PACKINGtoday, that really makes it real, he's always such a last min kindaguyss.... butterflies in my tummy...

Gabby,

Will pray that all goes well. God knows you have enough of rabbit feet for good luck! ;)

It's getting close, I can feel it. Be sure to stay in touch.

:)

Pam,

When you give us those warnings, I really take heed.

Thanks for mentioning it.

-Carolyn

Back