SciFi Miniseries "The Lost Room"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Right now the miniseries is on at 2 am CST - and I got hooked on it last night....so it looks like the next two nights I'll be up till 4 am CST to finish watching it. (I also broke down and ordered it off EBay).

If anyone saw this when it was first made in 2006 ~ don't give me spoilers but is it worth staying up for? Or will I regret it?

I noticed that over 4,000 people had reviewed it on NetFlix and the average rating was 4 stars (out of 5).....

...so I'll probably stay up cause I don't want to wait until I get the dvds to see how it ends...

I haven't seen that. I've heard about it and heard it was a popular miniseries but I can't say I know anything about it.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I haven't seen that. I've heard about it and heard it was a popular miniseries but I can't say I know anything about it.
I missed the first 20 minutes or so of it.

Basically - this cop comes into posession of this key that takes you to a "lost room" anytime you use it on a door. Apparently something happened in this room back in '61 and now all of the various objects that had been in it - now have power....for instance - a nail file puts people to sleep - a bus ticket sends people instantly to this location in New Mexico....a watch boils an egg...stuff like that.

One thing the detective learns is that when you close the door on the room - it "resets" itself. For instance - his daughter played with the key - and she puts her teddy bear in the room and shuts the door. They reopen the door - and the teddy bear is gone.

Well - his daughter gets kidnapped and held ransom for the key....but in trying to get her away from the bad guys....she goes through the door....and then the door closes (resetting it)....

Now he's trying to get her back....and I think supposedly the right combination of objects might work....from the original room. Or so that is what he thinks at this point.

Along the way there are good guys.....and bad guys....and some that you're not sure if they're good or bad. (Some are out to destroy the objects while others are out to collect the objects and use them).

Its um....interesting. Not the typical SciFi stuff....it even has an entry on Wikipedia about the various objects and what they do...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objects_from_The_Lost_Room

Here is a description of the miniseries from the Ebay listing:

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]From the Overlook Hotel in THE SHINING to the Bates Motel in PSYCHO, inns haven't gotten a good rap in the world of books and film. In THE LOST ROOM, the Sunshine Motel doesn't fare much better. Decades ago, supernatural forces transformed Room 10 at the motel into a cache of magical power in which each object in the room can do something special. Detective Joe Miller (Peter Krause, SIX FEET UNDER) discovers a mysterious key that changes his life. His daughter (Elle Fanning, BABEL) disappears into the room, and the key is the only thing that can help Joe find her again. But he isn't the only one who wants the precious objects, causing hordes of obsessive collectors to descend on him. With its labyrinthine plot and imaginative premise, THE LOST ROOM garnered praise from critics and audiences alike. This Sci-Fi channel miniseries also stars Julianna Margulies (ER), Kevin Pollak (THE USUAL SUSPECTS), and Roger Bart (DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES).[/font]

OH MAN! That sounds good!
I wish I had started watching it but I can't stay up that late anyhow LOL!

We saw it when it was on first. I really liked it, but I'm glad it was on earlyer than 2am LOL.
I'd say it's worth it, though, especially the last 2 episodes, it only gets more interesting.

Oh, DEFINITELY worth staying up for! We sure loved it...and found ourselves staying up way too late to watch it, too, hehe!

:D

maherwoman wrote:
Oh, DEFINITELY worth staying up for! We sure loved it...and found ourselves staying up way too late to watch it, too, hehe!

:D
The second episode just got done.....darn it - 22 hours till the final episode.....

ARG!!!!

I'm so glad I bought it on Ebay today too....I think it is one we'll enjoy watching together on a holiday or something (we'll frequently do our own marathons of shows we like - like Firefly or West Wing or whatever...).

Yeah, it is something you would want to see again. I know *I* would like to see it again! What a great show...

Not to mention, maybe having missed stuff the first time around...:)

We had that on over here in 2007 I think. I really enjoyed it, it's just my type of tv. I was really hoping they would make another one.

Latest posts

Back