Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valley46

Reaction score
So I have an 8 month old virgin doe that I tried to breed recently. First attempt I put her in with the buck and she started fine and normal, hopping around, giving a little chase. But then she started grunting really loud, not screaming but it was more grunting that I've ever experienced. Buck had two fall offs and then the doe "voided". She looked stressed and wouldn't stop grunting so I took her out. I tried about 10 hours later and I had one fall off but the grunting was more intense and she looked even more stressed. I've been breeding for two years and haven't had anything like this happen before. I felt BAD putting her in there, and I guess I'm just looking for a reason, or info on why she would be doing this. She is a New Zealand. 😬 TIA!

Attachments

• 20200323_184925.jpg
    20200323_184925.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 26
She may be scared. Rabbits usually scream or grunt really loud when threatened/ in terrible pain or if something isn’t to their liking in a severe way. Maybe she needs to warm up to that buck or maybe they aren’t her type... maybe try a different buck and introduce them slowly.

I am surprised you felt BAD just a little grunting if you don't feel BAD imprisoning her in that tiny cage for life and using for breeding, taking her babies for killing HUMANELY for meat, skins or snake food and now you think she's may be not very happy. Silly girl, but you can always REPLACE her with another doe who is always HAPPY with her life cycle

Last edited:
I am surprised you felt BAD just a little grunting if you don't feel BAD imprisoning her in that tiny cage for life and using for breeding, taking her babies for killing HUMANELY for meat, skins or snake food and now you think she's may be not very happy. Silly girl, but you can always REPLACE her with another doe who is always HAPPY with her life cycle
Wow. I didn't realize this forum was filled with soft headed idiots like you. Why don't you post some RELEVANT info on a pet rabbit topic thread. Considering you obviously don't have anything helpful to add to this one.

Wow. I didn't realize this forum was filled with soft headed idiots like you. Why don't you post some RELEVANT info on a pet rabbit topic thread. Considering you obviously don't have anything helpful to add to this one.
Wow. I was never called soft headed idiot before I will steal that into my signature, thank you.

Rabbits are versatile, they are lifestock and pets. I breed for meat too.

Anyway, some does are quite vocal when they are not really thrilled about what's going on. You sure she can't have been pregnant already? In my experience, when I'm not sure she took and put her in with the buck and the grunting starts she'S already pregnant. It might have been the wrong time too, mine were very interested in the buck in February, too early, in March they refused to being bred, it's a young buck too. I just gave them garden time, and let the buck join them in their hutch every second night, that did work.

Back