Salt licks!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
[align=center]So we bought a hay rack the other day and we got a free salt lick with it. I'm not giving it to my rabbits (I heard it's no good) but I wanted to see what they thought of it and they all turned away from it, so I smelled it... and OH MY GOODNESS. IT SMELLS SO GOOD. I WANT TO EAT IT. XD

This is the salt lick:

ac00d5a33a2bb3ec8646c22551db8837.jpg

You should buy one and smell it... XD

ANYWAYS.
Are salt licks just bad cause the rabbits don't need extra salt?

i have the same for butsy only its a green apple lol.. she didnt touch it for two months but lately she loves it ! why isnt it good for them ?? i never heard that. i would love to know, since shes been addicted to it for like three weeks now !

[align=center]They say that too much salt for rabbits is bad and that they get enough from their pellets. Too much salt can cause lots of peeing which I think is bad as well. (I just read this on another site)

BTW. My GG (Great Grandma) suggested I lick the salt lick to see if it actually tasted salty- or sweet like it smelled... salty. YUCK!

LOL you licked it :p haha, ok thanks for telling me !! ill get that out of her cage right away, just out of curiosity, what happens when they get to much salt?

[color=#0a00]
[align=center]Yes... XD Don't try it! It's so yucky XD

Hmm.. I just read something about how it could be bad for the kidneys... But I'm not sure how true that is.

But I am pretty sure that too much salt for them can be dangerous (just like if humans get too much salt)... but every once in a while, I don't think is a problem.

You're very welcome![/align]

take it away asap. salt licks arent necessary because rabbits should get all their vitamins and minerals from their food. excess can cause all sorts of nasty problems like bladder sludge and calcium deposits in the bladder

[align=center]I'm glad my rabbits weren't interested... XD
Not that I'd give it to them anyways. They taste so nasty! LOL

I'm glad this was mentioned... I was going to buy one today since Harley has been licking everthing, I assumed he was looking for something salty.

Jynxie wrote:
I'm glad this was mentioned... I was going to buy one today since Harley has been licking everthing, I assumed he was looking for something salty.

[align=center]Lol! My bunnies lick everything too. Especially Sabriel! XP

My bunnies love them. Buttercup is 12 and half, Daisy Mae 6 and half, I don't think they cause problems if the bunnies are that age.

I feel if they like them they can have them.:biggrin2::nod

Susan:bunny18:happybunny:

Latest posts

Back