Salt Lake City Rabbit Needing Home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunSLC

Reaction score
IMG_3546.JPG
IMG_1454.jpeg
IMG_4777.JPG

Petunia is an approximately 4.5 year old black and white rabbit. She is now looking for a good home / caretaker, as I have a new dog that has an instinctual focus on her... Petunia was found abandoned on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail next to a cardboard box with holes cut in it, and so I took her in until I could find her a family to care for her.

Petunia is litter trained, has a simple feeding regimen, no health issues, and up to date with her shots. She is not spayed but doesn't spend much time outdoors, and spends no time with other rabbits, so this was felt not to be needed by her doctor and myself.

Petunia is very cute, is low maintenance, and runs around the house not minding my dog who has been trained not to bother her. She does not like to be picked up, but if you can catch her and pick her up she will rest comfortably in your arms until she's had enough and then will nip to be put down. She loves carrots and romaine lettuce, doing "bunny binkys", and exploring the house. When she gets upset about something (this happens infrequently, but it is usually a sound that she doesn't like) she will stomp her little foot like Thumper!

Petunia comes with a kennel (I leave this open all day and all night, so she comes and goes), a small travel carrier, litter box, hay feeders, food pellet bowl, and water bottle, all for $20. Also will include the rest of her current supply of hay, feeding pellets, and litter pellets. Please let me know if you're interested in Petunia!

- Tom

Just a few questions. Has she been with you the past 4 years, or was that an approximate age given by the vet? What's her personality like (active, laid back, etc)? Is she much of a chewer or digger? How is she with carpeted floors and is she destructive with them? Is she good with her litter habits?

You mention vaccinations. That's the rhdv vac? No other medical history or health/diet sensitivities?

Just a few questions. Has she been with you the past 4 years, or was that an approximate age given by the vet? What's her personality like (active, laid back, etc)? Is she much of a chewer or digger? How is she with carpeted floors and is she destructive with them? Is she good with her litter habits?

You mention vaccinations. That's the rhdv vac? No other medical history or health/diet sensitivities?
Thanks JBun,
DM'd you back. LMK if any other questions :)
-BunSLC (Tom)

If you can get here here, we'll take her--but she'll need to be neutered 1st.
Hi Nancy,

Thank you for the offer! Generally, where are you located? Close to or far from Salt Lake City?

Because JBun replied first, I want to offer JBun the opportunity, though I will be in touch if she still is looking for a home in the next ~week or so. I will check with her vet about neutering (re: safety at her age, cost, etc.).

Thanks for the reply!
-BunSLC (Tom)

Just like our profile says at the bottom of our avatar pic--Las Vegas. Northwest Las Vegas, which was about a 4 hour drive before our daughter and grandson moved back here from there. Also says Larry, too--this was Nancy once upon a time--we share E-mail and I bought her a new computer so my "new" one was her old one so I just took it over and was too lazy to change to my old profile, especially since all the "Bridge" entries were done from this profile, by me.

Update to this thread:
Hi all, thank you for your interest in rehoming Petunia. She has been re-homed to a very happy and healthy home! It's been an adjustment, but a huge positive for all involved (including Bun). Thank you all for the advice, and thank you to this forum for allowing an avenue of support!
- BunSLC

Back