Saffy's Sunshine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
:D Sorry about making a post solely toshow off the first pic of my little sunshine, but my smile lit up thehouse when I received this pic yesterday!

The little ones are just starting to pop their heads out of the nest and Richard captured this little one nosily looking around.

For those of you who don't know, and are reading this post thinking"what the heck is she on about?" ... we lost our precious NetherlandDwarf, Felix, a week or so ago and after a lot of soul searching knewthat, although we could never replace Felix, our lives were missing alittle bunny family member ... so I contacted a breeder whose bun Simba(the Mum is called Fern) had just fathered a litter of Netherland DwarfAgouti coloured kits.

41780160431cdbc1078c713e56e08273a2d7f4425212241cc9301716.jpg

That's so cute! So,is that the one you've picked out, or will you wait until they get abit older? I'm glad you made the choice to get another bunny. The bunnyworld needs more good Bunny families like yours. It would be a shame ifyou ended your bunny experience with a broken heart.;)

RaspberrySwirl

Saffy wrote:
:D Sorry about making a post solely to show offthe first pic of my little sunshine, but my smile lit up the house whenI received this pic yesterday!

41780160431cdbc1078c713e56e08273a2d7f4425212241cc9301716.jpg
Don't be silly! we all need a photo thread for our babies!

This is one cutie patootie! I can't wait to see them out andplaying! My daughter loves "brown" rabbits and I find myselfleaning toward the castor or chestnut bunnies when I seethem. I guess it's like seeing the wild bunnies outside.....so cute :)

That has to be one of the cutest little faces ever!

Which ever one you pick will be a very luckybunny. The one in the picture is so cute......I like his eyesand his ears are so short. How much longer do you have towait?

Rainbows! :)

Hey, sure a chipmunk didn't get in there by mistake? What a cutie!!

What do the others look like?

SAS

(RIP little Felix, we won't forget you)

(oops, had to fix that typo)

Saffy,I am so happy you aregetting another baby to love. Is your baby in this litter or the nextlitter? Either one bunny is going to be blessed with love and happinessfor all his or her life. I really am happy for you.

Tina

Aww I am in love love love with that baby.. Just gorgeous.. You are one lucky gal..

Where did you say you was getting him/her from?

(I know one little bunny who just may come up bunny-napped hehe)

Seriously though I want that baby.. :(

What a little beauty!!! I can totally see why thelittle dear is named Sunshine..... it's adorable little face justlights up the world around it. I'm so sorry about your loss of Felix. Iam sure that Sunshine will help you work through some of the pain ofthat horrible loss, and you will both have brighter, happier days ahead.

Annie

:)- thank you for mentioning Felix ..no, he wont ever be forgotten, especially as we have a number of haldchewed wires still around *chuckle* .. he'll always be TopBunny .. probably sending mischief ideas to the new one!

Tina, yes, this is the litter we are getting our new little friend from... they're only 16 days old at the mo, so wont be picking him up foranother few weeks. (End of April I think) We'vealready started getting little bits and bobs from the shops ... newbowl, salt lick, toy, and so on. (It's as exciting asexpecting a child!)

The litter are all agouti coloured, as both Mum and Dad are AgoutiNetherland Dwarfs ... (tho we were tempted with a little spotty onefrom another litter, available now, but we thought it wiser to wait awhile before getting another bun) We're travellingquite a way to get him ... probably about a 3 hour drive from where welive in Derbyshire down to Cambridgeshire, but it will be worth it!

I am sad you lost Felix but I am just sohappy you are bringing a new baby home. A new little one is always soexciting. I've begun shopping for my three already. It is very muchlike awaiting a child. I am so excited for you. Thank you for keepingus posted and not leaving us.

Tina

Had an e mail from Richard today saying that thebuns have started running in and out of the nest now, and are startingto nibble on hay !! He's taking more pics today, soas soon as I have them, I'll post them !! (SOOOOOexcited!)

What an adorable little Love you have there, Saffy.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back