Safe house plants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybunnie8

Reaction score
Well I would really like to have a house plant but I am not sure what kind to get. I have low light in my apt and I would prefer an easy to care for plant that isn't poisonous to the bunnys...maybe a bushy kinda plant. Any suggestions??

Well the problem with most house plants is that a lot are poisonous. One I can suggest that is listed as a bad plant on most lists, but has been thouroughly snacked on by our various bunns at different times is the Corn Plant. It is I believe part of the Yucca family and can when eaten in large amounts cause digestive upset. I bought a tall one to keep the bunns away from the leaves...I however failed to notice that I placed it beside a chair! Duh!;) They do well in low light and I find them to be very easy to look after and attractive! Spider plants are nice to look at and again easy to look after...they are a good bunny plant because they do very well as a hanging plant!

Have you considered just buying different bunny friendly herbs and planting them in pots?? They are pretty and provide a healthy snack for your bunns! If they get a little thread bare simply replace with more! Herbs here are fairly easy to come by and relatively inexpensive! Some like basil also make a nice air freshner for your house too!:)

A def no no is: Deifenbachia(sp?)-causes the air passages to swell closed after consumption! :(

Latest posts

Back