russel rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmeh_121

Reaction score
i dont know if anyone heard of russel rabbitfood...but i baught some today cause they didnt have any pellets left.Iwas wondering if its any good for the buns??

Hi Kim,

You need to be careful if changing your bunnies food as it can causetummy upsets. You should mix the new food gradually into their existingfood and do this over a week.

The best pellets for bunnies is Science Selective, Russel Rabbit isntthat good for them as it is a mix rather than just pellets and it isknown to cause runny poos.

Hope this helps

k thanx...well i thaught i had loads of pelletsleft...but then this morning i had to go to petshops in my pajamas andslippers:shock:...i do have a tiny bit left so ill just do that then fnx

kimmeh_121 wrote:
k thanx...well i thaught i had loads of pellets left...butthen this morning i had to go to petshops in my pajamas andslippers:shock:...i do have a tiny bit left so ill just do that thenfnx

:Dlol!I've done that before!

If you just mix a little of their old pellets into their new mix andtry and do that for as many days as you can, gradually stop the oldstuff and continue with the new. But do the same if you want to movethem back onto their old pellets - or new ones.

I really wouldnt keep them on Russell Rabbit though............:)

Excel is good too:)

When changing the food it should be done gradually over 7-10 days ifpossible, best to start by mixing 10% new food, 90% old food, then nextday 20% new food, 80% old food etc.:)

But they'll be ok if it's really not possible.

What feed do you normally give them?

Michaela wrote:
Excel is good too:)

When changing the food it should be done gradually over 7-10 days ifpossible, best to start by mixing 10% new food, 90% old food, then nextday 20% new food, 80% old food etc.:)

But they'll be ok if it's really not possible.

What feed do you normally give them?

Excel is good but is also prone to giving runny poos. My lot got awful tummy upsets on these pellets

i normaly feed them *supa rabbit* Excel...i meanwould it be okay if i just fed them the new food for just today andthen i could get them there old food 2morrow???

I gave basically the same advice as Bunsterlove:foreheadsmack:, stupid internet being slow.

Thats good, excel is a good feed, they'll be fine if it's just for nowand you're changing back, there are worse feeds than Russel rabbit:)

No, that would give them bad tummy's. If it isonly for one night then they will be ok without any pellets tonight -just give them fresh hay and maybe a few veg :)

Mine didnt have any pellets last night as one has a poorly tummy. They were fine :D

awww wikid thats good aslong as im not givingthem horrible food then im okay with them sticking with it for a daythnx alot sorry if it seemed a stupid question...lol i paid £15 for abag of this stuff:shock:its not even that much big but theydidnt have a smaller one..

well hunny is a really fussy eater i swear!!

she HATES treats and hates mixed food all she eats is pellets andhay:shock:i tried loads of things to get her to eat something differentbut im just gona stick to what she eats now..my buns have never hadrunny poops yet..took them all to the vet yesterday actually and vetsaid there all in really good health and that im doing a good job withthem..although hunny has a tiny little rash on her ear but he gave mesomething for that and its seemed to have heald already.

Good to hear your gang are all in good health!:D

Hunny couldn't compete with my girl Berri lol She doesn't even likepellets or hay - she likes to play with hay but never eat it -sometimes I've no choice but to give her no veggies to make her eat thepellets and hay.

She loves her treats though:rollseyesGive her an apple over a bowl of pellets any day!

Just as a note:

Even if pellet foods have similiar ingredients, they will more thanlikely have other things that are probably different (percentages ofthings, and some such), so switching suddenly could cause your bunny toget diarrhea. Best to switch gradually.

Here's a good, easy way to do it:

First week: 1/4 new food to 3/4 old food
Second week: 1/2 and 1/2
Third week: 3/4 new food to 1/4 old food
Fourth week: a complete amount of the new food

Hope that helps! :D

Rosie*

P.S. Or you could just go back and get the pellet food your buns are used to. :)

Latest posts

Back