RESOLVED: Ten 2 mo. old babies in IL need homes!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreasuredFriend

Reaction score
Yup. It's happened again.

Please keep your ears open for possiblities for 10 bunnies needing fosters or homes. No kill shelter network preferred.

Northern IL location. A friend's friend with her hands reasonably (gulp, full) handling the right amount of rabbits got dumped on with 15 more "unwant-ables."

A friend has asked SoulmateRabbitRescue if we can offer advice? I'm open to suggestions if anyone can guide me to a source I haven't thought of. I'll try to get descriptions/photos if you have any leads.

Thanks, SRR Julie

Mods/admins: Please move to Rescue Me if more suitable.

The rabbits are approx. two months old, not ten m.o.

EEeeek, gotta make sure the current guardian has them separated or properly sexed.

i think they should be alright together a bit longer, Jamie didn'tturn into a boy(he was sexed as a girl)untill he was almost four months old(he's a holland lop). just my two cents! hope every thing works out for them!

Thanks Ladybug!

:) You're right, it's around 10-12 weeks I think for boy anatomy to activate and engage. whew... will relax ... a while more ... just in case they are all roommates.

I went ahead and moved this to the Rescue Me section for ya. :)

Thanks Rosie!

She's tried HRS numbers although no replies so far.

Purportedly someone found out she has multiple rabbits -- and dumped more on her. Oh gosh, I hope this turns out okay.

Optimistically she knows she can't keep all ~ nor did she volunteer to take these 15 discards.

I'll find out more in the next few days, thanks again maherwoman for promptly relocating the thread.

No problem!

Hope to hear good news on this soon...:pleaseplease:

Oh poop. Why is it nobody can ever get in contact with various HRS groups about emergencies like this? Wierd.

I hope everything works out and no more babies are born. Ugh...

We're on the same wavelength, Angela, WRT no more babies.

Will try the best we can for referring and assisting. Another kill-shelter note came through this morning. They begin euthanizing tomorrow.

I hate to turn on the computer some days b/c of all the NoLongerWanted rabbits needing help...

Appreciate all that RO members do to lend support, :hearts

:banghead

I don't have room for more fosters, but do let me know if there's anything I can do. I'd be willing to do info sessions for new owners or to encourage adoptions, transport, etc if it's within 1-2 hours drive of me.

Good news, Rosie, in so far as the lady is able to get all the babes well-bunny checked and sp/eutered, before they travel to a forever home.

2 1/2 - 3 months is the vet's estimate.

She'll need advice and connections for finding permanent homes...b/c of her crew already !! - !!

Thanks, Angela, in case a transport is needed or something else. Info sessions with new owners would be awesome ~ They'll want at least a bonded pair, right??!

Apparently the babes are dutch lineage: 4 silver-gray (2 w/white dabbed noses), 2 - black/white, 2-all black, and 2 black w/white underbellies. No mites, ticks, fleas. The vet sexed them but their color dots wore off (in anticipation of a gender fairy visit, dunno?). She'll pick up extra housing units from us, and get 'em separated JIC.

Wish us luck and her luck
... and please keep the ones that will be euthanized at the kill-shelter in mind. The shelter volunteer is sending more information on the weekend WRT breeds.
A tortoise-shell ?female?, like Potter, is one.

I was wondering if there was an update on the bunnies, and I was wondering where in IL they are. If they're around Chicagoland, I could help drive if they needed transportation.

Thanks for your willingness to transport, give a referral, lend a hand, ... anything!
I received photos this weekend and will scan and post soon. A big litter pan of dutch babies, nuzzling together.

Infiniti: North of Chicago. I can PM w/ the exact location.

Does anyone know the name Caroline Gilbert? Associated with the Fund for Animals?
Boys will be neutered once their "packages" appear. Girl dutches spayed at 5-6 months.
All referrals or assistance dearly appreciated, photos comin' soon.

My mind was awed at the stories shared when Caroline's friend visited...

HTH,

The dutch mixes are getting re-sexed on Friday, March 14th. I temporarily posted some notes on Petfinder. Extra photos to follow.

oh my, the steel gray bambinos remind me of Barry in avatar.

Infiniti / Angela, a bunderground route may occur and the temporary caretaker has offered to drive the unwanted binkybops to several states away?!

Amazing, the devotion of compassionate humans.

in case someone knows of prospective foster space for one or two

I could either foster or adopt one or two of the babies (or adults). But I'm in Ohio (Cleveland) and can't drive due to medical conditions at this point. If we could figure something out about getting them to me, I'd adopt 'em in a heartbeat.

I guess just let me know. I wish there was more I could do to help.

naturestee: 3 were adopted so far. Seven dutch-like mixes of various shades remain.

Alexah: appreciate your offer and thanks for assistance to help! Soulmate Rabbit Rescue is limiting adoptions to in-state or within a few hours travel time (neighboring state) for a while - while I focus on our 2 disabled girls. It's better suited for driving a few hours to meet with fosterers.

Hugs to all who have good homes.

Update on dutches: Five remain. Getting sp/eutered in 2 weeks.

Every week rabbits are admitted to Kill-Shelters.

-- we've been tapped to help a few more, found dumped outside in metro areas. AND on euthanization-list roster.

-- 'Tis horrendous how many innocent lives get terminated.

TreasuredFriend, as always, if there is anything I am able to do to help out please let me know. Especially if it is "last call" and you know in your heart the bun(s) hasa personality that anyone would love to call their own. I think I missed out on my true heart-bunny (Claire),so my home is always open to those in need.

myheart

Latest posts

Back