RESCUING RABBITS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover134

Reaction score
seriously is there anything we can do to rescuerabbits from being treated like crap? I read in the local classifiedsthe other night, some guy avdertised "4rabbits, meat type. great forbreeding or butchering please call". i stayed up crying all night. thenext day i called him b/c i wanted to buy them so at least they have anopportunity to live frelly of being butchered but the guy said he haslike 12 rabbits. which means he just keeps getting them and keepsbutchering them. so i felt like there was nothing i could do. I calledhim originally to buy the bunnies and get them the hell out of therebut i felt liek there was nothign for me to do when he said he hadmore. i couldnt take all of them even though i wanted to.
second- rabbits being abused and used for snake food or other food issooooooooooo wrong. It shouldnt be allowed. no one does that to dogs orcats so why do it to bunnies?
3rd- why are there so many rabbit in adoption places? people really need to think long and hard before getting a rabbit.
4th- ANIMAL TESTING should not be allowed!!!

Is there anything any of us can do to stop ANIMAL CRUELTY? especiallyRABBITS since they seem to have it hard. There has got to be some wecan all help out and do. any ideas? please give me your ideas andthoughts!!! thanks. if anyone wants to email me at [email protected]o talk abtou all this please do so!

Rabbits are natural prey of snakes and such, ireally don't have a problem with that, it's orginally what rabbits weredomesticated for, meat. In some ways animal testing is very grusome,but, we get a lot of medicines thrown out after testing on animals ifthey have horrible reactions. I agree though, they shouldn't dueelectric shock tests and other "nasty" things to animals.

Ellie

act. dogs and Cats also get eatin' in othercountries.. i've been to a site that showed everything.. (and No itwasnt a PETA site.. it was from a middle east country)
and also regarding testing on Animals i am fine with.... as long as ithas to do with fixing the Diesases.. like cancer and what not.. becausethen it has also been approved by animals so we could treat the animalsthat also have like cancer and what not.

and yeah its a hard fact.. but there are meat rabbits breed to beeatin like the Angus Cows.. those are breed for meat... and act. therabbits that my grandpa had rasied were like reg. rabbits.. likecheckerd giants.. lops.. and those kinds! so its a hard fact.. but itsthe truth we cant do anything about it

bunnylover134 wrote:
3rd- why are there so many rabbit in adoption places? people really need to think long and hard before getting a rabbit.

Because people are irresponsible and breed their rabbits because theywant cute furry bunnies hopping around their house...and becauseparents buy rabbits for their kids at Easter and give them to theshelter after 2 weeks when their kids get bored and the parents realizehow difficult it is to care for a rabbit.

I know how upset this is making you, but it's not worth staying up andcrying all night. If I really let cases like these get to me,I'd be up every night!! As the others said, it's a fact oflife, and there are MANY people in this world that see rabbits asproducts, not pets!

Whenever I think about all the homeless rabbits (and many other kindsof animals) and those who are about to be slaughtered, I think abouthow happy I am with myself for adoption my rabbit, and giving him achance at life. You just gotta love the buns you got with allyour might, and keep telling themhow lucky they are!

-Vanessa

Latest posts

Back