Rescued male bun seeking home, Northern California

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of 905 am PDT we have Cosmo. He is a very cute little guy and is already eating hay and drinking from his new bottle. Funny thing, he came to us from Auburn, CA. I was working there more than 4 decades ago just before I went to the Academy and started my military service. Truly a small world. Of course Auburn and Grass Valley were a lot smaller then and the whole character was way more rural.

:woohoo So glad he is there now! Sounds like he made the journey well & is settling in nicely! :jumpforjoy:

Nope, none are bonded. They are all in separate hutches about an inch apart. The y all get time out, but by themselves only. Had a bonded pair that came un-bonded after five years and they tore each other up--it was gorey and expensive. So now they can look, but not touch. Originally I was trying to adopt them out so I could rescue more and it's hard to find a home for a pair. A single is enough of a challenge.

Update on Cosmo. He's such a cute little rabbit and definitely a teenager. He tries to boss us, but that just gets ignored--funny how our smaller bunnies seem to be the bossiest ones. He loves treats and veggies and will run all over if he thinks it's time for him to be fed. He's a very friendly little guy but doesn't like to be held and my shirts are the worse for wear, or as I like to call them , holey ware. He loves having his head rubbed and will follow you around being a pest and runs across my feet all the time--he thinks he's the alpha. He's such a great little bunny, just like Hopscotch that we can't understand why no one else wanted them. Bunnies behave like bunnies and like with our kids, we haven't found that off switch, Darn!!!

This is written with a very heavy heart, full of sadness--this will be Cosmo's last day with us. He hasn't been able to use his back legs for a couple of weeks and can't get around at all. He's still eating veggies but not as much as he normally would. We have a 9:30 vet appt. after which we will bury him here at home with all of our other loved bun's. I absolutely hate this but I also can't stand to see him suffer so much. I'll always remember how happy a bunny he was and how he'd do figure eight's between my legs when he was out. Once we broke him of biting, he became a friendly, wonderful little companion and we'll miss him and think of him everyday. Goodbye my little man.

This is written with a very heavy heart, full of sadness--this will be Cosmo's last day with us. He hasn't been able to use his back legs for a couple of weeks and can't get around at all. He's still eating veggies but not as much as he normally would. We have a 9:30 vet appt. after which we will bury him here at home with all of our other loved bun's. I absolutely hate this but I also can't stand to see him suffer so much. I'll always remember how happy a bunny he was and how he'd do figure eight's between my legs when he was out. Once we broke him of biting, he became a friendly, wonderful little companion and we'll miss him and think of him everyday. Goodbye my little man.
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that! Sending you big hugs.

Back