Rescued Bun just gave birth! Any advice welcomed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea what kind of rabbits these are?

Do you know what breed mom is, or if not do you have a picture of her you can post? Does she have a tattoo number on the inside of her ear(purebred rabbits will sometimes have these)?

Do you know what breed mom is, or if not do you have a picture of her you can post? Does she have a tattoo number on the inside of her ear(purebred rabbits will sometimes have these)?

I'll upload a picture of the mom (and a few more of the baby buns!). I don't know what breed she is. There's no tattoo in her ear. By her temperament, she was definitely handled before we found her, she's not a wild bunny. However, she hates being confined to a cage, which leads me to believe she was a house bunny or maybe lived in a large cage/pen. She likes pets but doesn't like to be picked up.

IMG_9738.jpg

IMG_9757.jpg

IMG_9750.jpg

IMG_9737.jpg

IMG_9715.jpg

Based off of the picture above of the momma bunny, does anyone have an idea of what type of rabbit she might be?

From what I can tell she doesn't have any distinctive traits that I can see that would help determine her breed. The babies colorwise, you might have 2 black otter and 1 blue otter baby. But I'm no expert, so hopefully a breeder will come along who might be able to give you a better idea. If you post a picture of her sitting up and give her weight, that might help. There's also this thread you can look at, that may help you identify her breed.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?t=78375

Just love sleepy babies! I love it when they just fall asleep right in your hand like that. Too cute!

J buns suggestion sounds good block off the bottem part at least for now.

Latest posts

Back