Rescue Bunnies In Abbotsford!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
There was a person advertising two bunnies on Craigslist, she says her preference is a pet home but she will sell them for food if one isn't forthcoming.

She also made it clear she'd split up the bonded pair. (Both girls).

It's five days later, she still hasn't found a home for them. That is scary. :(

I will take them here (Lord knows where I'll put them but I'm sure I can rehome them), but I have to get them from Abbotsford.

Anybody out that way?

sas :nerves1

I'm in Alberta till mid week next week. If she can wait till the week end of the 12/13, I could transport them for you.

If it's urgent, I can talk to a friend of mine who lives in Chilliwack but comes out to Vancouver often, and see if he would be able to transport.

--Dawn

Kathy, bless her, is picking them up now and bringing them here.

Now what? :shock: Me and my big mouth!

I'll have to set up the x-pen in the middle of the living room. Anybody need a coffee table?

sas :laughsmiley:

DSC00919.jpg

Purebred Flemish.... five months. :D

Plucked from the snake pit/stew pot by the awesome Kathy (bpotter2) and her equally awesome brother Michael.

Kathy alerted me to the post, she and Michael drove all the way to Abbotsford from West Vancouver (loooong trip to begin with, got caught in a jam from a traffic accident and had to sit for almost two hours in their hot SUV on the way, retrieved the bunnies, paid for them, drove them all the way back to me, then took me shopping for bunny veggies and paid for that too. AND put $100 towards the spay fund!

(And bonus, Michael entertained me with a steady stream of jokes!)

It was a glorious thing!

The bunnies are amazing. They're friendly as all get out, not shy at all (well, one is a little tentative) and they are VERY happy to be out of where they were. I assume they were kept in a small cage and fed pellets, they're in seventh heaven.

Flemish are VERY cool bunnies! I'm joining the fan club.

Blame it all on Kathy! :hugsquish:

Here's Mister and the shyer one...

sas :bunnydance:

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Just thought I would let you know, there is no known cure for the flemmie bug. Once you get bitten, you love them forever!
:yeahthat:

I'm so happy for you to get to experience flemmies!

So...you gonna keep 'em?

Keep the flemmies - sell the coffee table...who needs one anyway when you can have a flemmie around?

They are amazingly sweet rabbits! But I don't have the room for them, at least not with my current set-up. Everybunny has to stay caged. Not fair to any of them. I'll be looking to rehome them. I'd love to move them onto the front porch, but my landlord most definitely won't go for that. :sigh:

But they're safe. :)

sas

Back