REHOME: Two buns in need of a Good Home! (near Chicago)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
444.jpg

Goose sleeping like a Model

you're cage area for them is awesome. I really hope everything works out, I can tell you love them very, very much.

And they are both sooo cute!! (I am a sucker for lops!)

What sweet bunnies! How did the job search go? How much longer do you have to figure out a placement for these guys?

Thanks for thinking of me. I have like 3 part time jobs right now, but they are all chopped up and all over the place and dont pay well so they really dont keep me afloat. Im still looking for full time without much luck. We are just taking one month at a time trying to scrape up enough money each month to stay and pay the bills. Thats all we can do at this point. So as for how long.... it could be tomorrow or I may find a job and be ok. I guess Im just waiting to see what happens.

I guess my Goal here is to find a BACK UP Plan in case we loose our place and the buns have no where to go. I think that is just my biggest fear so I would like to have something planned in advance to make sure they have somewhere to go. Advice?

Hi Everyone, I am still looking for a good home for my bunnies! I WILL NOT put them in a shelter or bunny rescue. Its not that Im not grateful but I cannot see my babies forced into a tiny nasty cage to live the rest of their lives in there. I need to find A REAL HOME! Please HELP ME FIND SOMEONE! I am an animal lover and have been my whole life. Im a vegetarian and trying to go vegan so I know how bad this sounds but I WILL put them down before I stick them in a shelter. Rabbits are forced to sit in dirty cages too small for them to even stretch out. They sit in their own urine and never get to hop around. I wont do it. Now, I dont think I have the heart to ever do that but if it comes down to a short wonderful life and a long horrible one, I will choose to have my rabbits live a short and happy life. I will fight to the end and continue looking. Im here on this site to see if any other bunny lovers out there can help me. I dont believe in caging animals and truly want the best for my bunnies, but without a job to pay my bills my options are limited. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. I dont know what to do at this point!

Most rescues will try and place the bunnies in foster care, but city shelters can be gnarly, and after the life you've given these guys, it would be a huge step down, I agree.

However, I still think you can find foster care on your own. Some people may be more willing to take on their care if it wasn't a 'forever' commitment.

If it does turn out you can't take them back, it will still be up to you to permanently re-home them when the fosterer can't keep them anymore, but its bought you some time.

Did you see the article on Supporting Your Rabbits In Tough Time$?

Hopefully it will help a bit with the finances.

sas :clover:

It can be a big step down, but not all shelters are that bad. Also, the one I help at allows pet owners to list their pets that they need to re-home on their website.

Just to update everyone. I am still looking to re-home mav and goose. They are still with me and we are getting by at the moment. Im still worried about the near future and if I will be able to pay the bills, so just haning in there until something changes. Thanks, Katie

Hey Katie.

Do you have family members that can help you out since you might not be able to pay the bills?

Im sure they will understand :hug:

Hope the buns go soon :) Keep us updated, of course!

Latest posts

Back