Rats!!/Mice!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I think of rats, I think of this:

P1010120.jpg

My two beautiful girls, Snowball (the albino) and Chloe. Both passed away just a few months ago at the ripe old age of 3.

They were so precious!

My heart rattie passed away on November 7th, 2006. She was amazing andwas so kissy. I rescued her from a friend. I only got to show her 4months of an amazing life filled with love, until I had to take her tothe vet to have help to get to rattie heaven:(.

- Amy

Wow age 3..non of my rats lasted that long..butmost of them where feeders..i saved them from being reptilefood:XUmm hear is a pict!

this is spirit when she was younger..she is about 2 now! she is a hairless dumbo:cool:

Amy, they truly are amazing creatures. I missSnowball so much. I had her when I worked at the pet store. Almostevery day of the week, she went to work with me and would sit on myshoulder for the entire 6 hours. Yeah, she pee'd, but I always had atowel on my shoulder. She constantly gave me kisses in my ear and shewas just an angel. Chloe was a bit more shy, and half the size ofSnowball, but was just as sweet and loving as well. They were togetherfor almost the entire 3 years, since they were babies. Snowball died ofMyco complications that caused her pneumonia. As she got older, she gotsicker more often until one day she didn't get better. It was comingthough, the last few months of her life she lived on Baytril and fluidmedications -- she was truly a fighter.

Chloe died one week later, and I have no idea from what. We thinked she starved herself from depression.

Anyways, back to a happy talk, domestic rats really are great pets andI'll be definitely getting another pair again one day, though notanytime soon.

ilovethetailyall your hairless dumbo isgorgeous. 2 years old is the actually lifespan of ratties, so you'redoing good. Mine were both feeders as well. Spirit is so pretty!

I cant deal with the short life span.....thastwhy i wond adopt any more beuse as you al know i take DEATH not soogreat....this is Eve Poco and Zorow they are all..in Ratty land...sorryits soo small!

Hi everyone!

I know like the rabbits, you guys love talking about your rats, but can we please stick to the topic and question posted?

Feel free to start a thread in the Off topic thread if you'd like to continue to chat about rats :).

Thanks!

I actuly modeled all my rats..they new WAItwhere they would like freeze! they loved the camerah!(ohh did i notmetion the treats after the photo:laugh:)

This is rosie! she is still alive but i may say getting vary frail...

Spring wrote:
Hi everyone!

I know like the rabbits, you guys love talking about your rats, but can we please stick to the topic and question posted?

Feel free to start a thread in the Off topic thread if you'd like to continue to chat about rats :).

Thanks!

Whoops, sorry. :)

Sorry Spring! Guys...feel free to start a topic if you'd like:D.

- Amy

i'm scared of everyones ferral rats... the ratshere arn't that big... i went to indonesia once to visit my sister whowas living there and i saw a 'kitten' i said to my sister "omg the poordarling we must save it" (it was in the distance) my sister gave me ahorrified look and said "lara... that is not a kitten its a rat" ididnt believe her so i went to look and it WAS a rat and it CHARGED atme.... I was so disturbed....

My ratties past away last year, i've had rats since i was 13, i'mhaving a break as its so hard whenyou loose them after a short time:(

Polar bear mauls a carebear toy (or makes out with it?);)
polarbear.jpg

Panda Bear steals his favourite fruit loop, its all about the red ones!
fruitloop.jpg

Panda ses "who me?"
whome.jpg

Panda and Polar say "Let us out nooooowwwwww"
wercute.jpg

Oh how I miss my boys :(

lovethetailyall wrote:
Wow age 3..non of my rats lasted that long..but most of themwhere feeders..i saved them from being reptile food:XUmm hearis a pict!

this is spirit when she was younger..she is about 2 now! she is a hairless dumbo:cool:

Ive been really lucky my last two rats polar and panda bear lived to bepanda (5) polar (6), before that they've lived to be around 3-4....
Spirit is so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatdoes her 'coat' feel like?? I've never seen a hairless rat in real lifebefore.

Latest posts

Back