Rat pushes kitten *video*!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's so funny! And I agree, your ratty boys ARE big! My Colby is bigger than my girls, but he's probably half the size of your boys :shock:

Thanks, guys :biggrin2:.

The funny thing is....there are rats that are larger than mine, even :shock:. I looove big & squishy boys.

Here is Louie chasing Zaide :biggrin2:...

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/wxSqS-Dx3HQ[/flash]

p.s...thanks pink, for helping me :D!

Hee hee that's great. Those really are some big boys you got there, but it's a small kitty too, so it looks funnier.

I miss rats, my first ones used to love my cats and they'd all hang out together..

:roflmao:
LOL! That's so cute! I love the kitten being scared away by a rat! :D Your rats are big aswell! I've never had them or seen many up close, but when you said that they run free around your bunny room I always imagined that they'd get lots because they were so small... you wouldn't lose those so easily! :biggrin2:

undergunfire wrote:
Here is Louie chasing Zaide :biggrin2:...

p.s...thanks pink, for helping me :D!
eh, where is it? and i got a internet explorer can't display this yada yada yada when i tried to watch the first.so i'll take y'alls word for it that it's cute:p

Those were adorable! Reminds me of Georgie and Stewart...I've never gotten a video of them, though. Georgie (the 13lbbunny) hates Stewart (the 50lb dog), and chases him around, nipping at his heals. Stewart is terrified of Georgie! I think it's HILARIOUS!

More videos of ratties chasing kitties please :biggrin2:

-Annie

Well, Zaide is tiny. I worry about him. He is 4 months old and is about *maybe?* 2lbs :shock:. He was the runt, but he just seems to be getting "fuller"...and not taller.

My rat boys are big, but like I said...I have seen bigger :p. I LOVE squishy boys, my favorite reason for having male rats...and they are so loveable and lazy.

I'll try to catch more funny videos of them. They really are a riot :biggrin2:.

Tobey is 8 weeks old and he weighs 2.3lb, the vet weighed him last Monday.

You make me want rats so bad. That's gonna be my next pet when I move out.

I never thought this day would come - but my daughter now has a rat. Her boyfriend got "Willard" from a pet store for Stephanie for her birthday. Willard was supposed to be a girl. I don't know anything about rats, but Willardis no girl!

I'mrather concerned about his sneezing, but he's eating well and very active. I put him on terramycin for a week. We'll see how he does off of it.

He's a rather small baby. He was in the back room of the pet store to be sold as a feeder rat : (

Any rat tips for us newbies would be great Amy!

He's on carefresh bedding, and Stephanie couldn't resist the colorful Fiesta feed. He loves his tiny wooden house, but I think he's going to quickly outgrow it!

Pam

Pam...

CongRATS on the new rattie :biggrin2:!

First off, the boy needs a friend. I would go right to the same pet store ASAP (like, tomorrow) and get him a friend....that way you will not have to go through quarentine in a separate household (pain in the tush!). Hopefully if they are the same size and close in age....they will intro (bond) quickly. The rule is...no blood, no foul.

-------------------------------------------------

Second, the diet the rat is on is the lowest of the lows...as far as rat food goes. Ratties need preferably organic cereals (low sugar), Total Brand cereal, wheat puff cereal, rice puff cereal, organic veggie pasta (tri color). I like to add oats, sunflower seeds, and egg noodles to my mix, as well.
The rat will need a staple in his diet...which means a high quality dog food. I am using Wellness CORE reduced fat. It was $10 for a 5lbs bag, BUT...the bag will honestly last you a very long time (just keep it sealed correctly).

Rats also need a "human diet". Fresh foods are a must. Rice, baby food, mashed potatoes, fresh salad (no ice berg, no dressing), unseasoned meats, scrambled eggs (with the shells crushed in while cooking!), whole wheat bread, ect. Rats are just like humans and can eat almost anything we eat. If you have left over dinners...the ratties want a little dish!

Here is a list of FORBIDDEN foods for your rattie:
http://www.petratscanada.com/forbidden_foods.htm

What type of cage is he in? This is very important for the health of the rat and his rat buddy that he MUST have ;). Tanks (even with a wire topper) and a massive no-no. Rats need a wire cage, for ventilation. I reccommend the new Petco Rat Manor, that you can get at Petco store or offline (sometimes they have free shipping deals). Rats love cages with many levels.

Here is the rat calculator, plug in the dimensions for the cage and if will tell you if it is large enough for the number of rats you have. Remember, the larger the cage...the better.
http://kristinewickstrom.homestead.com/files/panelapplet.html

Rats love hammocks. This is a huge thing for rats too. They are so high maintenance that they need beds :D! It can be as simple as hanging up a wash cloth, square of fleece/flannel, ect with safety pins or paper clips to the top of the cage. If you need hammocks....ask me! I have a sewing machine and love to get crafty with my boys hammocks. I'll find time to whip some up and mail them your way, if you'd like. No charge!

Toys! Cat balls with bells, regular & miniature sized wiffle balls, golf balls, toilet paper tubes, small brown paper bags, most hanging bird toys, empty boxes (like tissue boxes), braided fleece ropes, ect. Rats love toys and need toy stimulation.

Rats commonly get sick with URI's, which is what he probably has now because of his breathing. When your rat starts sounding "stuffy" and "chirping"....it's time for the vet. A URI needs to be delt with fast by the vet, or the rat could die or end up on meds for the rest of his life...which is draining for your wallet and your rats body.

Most of the time rats will be prescribed a Doxy/Baytril combo for 10-30 days. Depending on how bad the URI is, any less than that and the URI probably will still be there.

Out of cage time! Rats love to get out of their cages and play. Watch out for dogs, cats, rabbits, wires, and anything dangerous. I suggest letting the ratties run around a bathroom (toilet lid closed, wires put up). The bathrom is a safe place for your rat to play.

Hrm, not sure what else I missed. If you have questions, please ask :biggrin2:!

Also, here is a great rat forum that will really help you learn more about rats and get more into deapth about their care. They are wonderful little "dogs"!

http://www.goosemoose.com

That was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time! It the kittens defense he/she was out numbered and out-weighed! Hysterical that your lil ratties are so fearless!

undergunfire wrote:
Rats love hammocks. This is a huge thing for rats too. They are so high maintenance that they need beds :D! It can be as simple as hanging up a wash cloth, square of fleece/flannel, ect with safety pins or paper clips to the top of the cage. If you need hammocks....ask me! I have a sewing machine and love to get crafty with my boys hammocks. I'll find time to whip some up and mail them your way, if you'd like. No charge!

Thanks Amy! The kids just finished making Willard his hammock and hung it in his cage. :D

Pam

Back