Rabbit's got attacked?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistyjr

Reaction score
I just got a phone call from My Aunt. Me and her raise rabbits together and she keeps the bunnies at her barn. I have 29 bunnies and my aunt haves 30+. Anyways.
The babies are about 9+weeks old. So they aren't with the mom.

She said that the Mini Rex babies. (2 Tort's and 2 Blacks, 1 Tort baby mine.) and the torts are dead and one of the blacks are dead. Nothing on them, No bite marks just dead.

And then the Standard Rex babies are dead too. But they are in a different cages then the MR. She said the Lynx and the Reds have no ears and some of their noses where chewed up. .

What the heck happen?!:X:X

could it have been a rat or weasel? I know someone that had a rat get in and it bite one of the rabbits and it died later. It might have been the same thing.

That is just horrible, I'm sorry for your loss. I would say it might be a disease, but some have chewed ears and noses.... I've heard of rat attacks some cases of weasels, but would one rat/weasel really go from cage to cage biting each animal??? Wish you the best of luck in rebuilding your stock,hope you can figure out what happened

The Lynx and the Reds probably got attacked by some rodent, and the younger ones probably died of shock.

So sorry for your loss. I wish you the best of luck! What about raccoons? I have had many animals die from raccoons over the years. They are very good at getting into outside enclosures. And if they can't get into the enclosure, they canpull animals through gates, doorways,small openings that seem impossible. Sometimes I have found the animals complete (not eaten)but dead. Sometimes half eaten. Sometimes in the nearby water source. I have found that raccoons are not very friendly when they find a meal.

Used to have problems with my Koi pond. The culprit turned out to be Opossum and a snare took care of it, but I lost one of my best and biggest fish. May want to set out some traps.

I just had it today. My mom and me got into a big fight this afternoon, Supporting some stupid people, and dont really come see the kids, and now with the rabbit attacked and now the dog.! What a day. A bad Day..

My crazy the pug got her back food cut.

A friend of mine kept losing babies and thought it was rats. Set out traps and nothing. She still kept losing babies so she set up a video camera in her barn and it turned out to be one of her barn cats doing it. She rehomed him to a dairy farm.

I would say RATS they are nasty! I had a pet rat get loose and it popped all the lids of my mice cages and picked out all the babies and killed them.She poked their eyes out and eat their faces. I got rid of her the next day! I also had a wild rat get in my barn and it killed my 12 week old ducks, ate their faces off. Nasty little things!

iluvdutchrabbbits90 wrote:
I would say RATS they are nasty! I had a pet rat get loose and it popped all the lids of my mice cages and picked out all the babies and killed them.She poked their eyes out and eat their faces. I got rid of her the next day! I also had a wild rat get in my barn and it killed my 12 week old ducks, ate their faces off. Nasty little things!
omg thats sickening makes me not want to get a pet rat!

Well, Today I will find out or if I can find out what did this. The Lynx Rex baby was told had no ears and the nose and mouth was gone. Whatever it was needs to be caught..! This brothers all of us because these were our show babies and maybe going to Nationals this year. :(

Latest posts

Back