Rabbit With Poopy Butt

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little_LongEared_Lover2931

Reaction score
One of my pregnant rabbits has poop surrounding her bottom. She wont' let me touch her. She has gotten very mean durring her pregnancy. Also I have to be careful restraining her be cause she is due in less then a week. Is there something to feed her that will help. I really dont want it to get worse. Also is it possible that its fly strike.

17068_102159_550000000.jpg

We eased up on the veggies with the 2 of ours that had the problem. Also used unscented baby wipes to clean up as it leads to other problems if left. Maybe get someone to hold while you clean?

If she has a really messy bottom, then it's possible that fly strike will be a concern. Can you have someone hold her, while you clean her?

My big French Lop girl, Cher, is the messiest rabbit...ever!! Her bottom was always a mess. I finally figured out why: her poo balls were too big to fit through the wire on the cage floor, so she'd go and then sit in it. Anyway, I put her on my grooming table (which is a chunk from an old cabinet, with a laminate top). I kept her feet on the carpet piece and then used a water bottle to spray her bottom to get it wet. Let it set awhile, then rub with a paper towel. I also clipped the hair that was messy (mostly at the base of her tail). I just kept doing that, and after 2 days have it almost all cleaned up. There's still staining, so I'm using vinegar/water and cornstarch to try to remove those.

I had the same issue! The vet told me to ease up on the veggies, fruits, and commercial rabbit food. Hay is supposed to make up main part of a rabbit's diet apparently, and it helps poop come out dry.
Maybe you could wrap her in a bunny burrito while restraining her?

Latest posts

Back