Rabbit vs. Science Fair

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have recently come across a science fair dilema. I am doing a project on which food is a rabbit's favorie. Would it be safe if I take my bun to the fair for demonstration? I don't want to do anyhing to her that makes her feel uneasy!

P.S. No buns were harmed in the making of this project!:rabbithop

Depends on your rabbit really. We perform all over with our rabbits and they are totally at ease in their pens, but we slowly work up to it. We just make certain that no one is able to touch them.

How long would the rabbit be at the science fair?

Here's an example of the pens we set up at events. This is Nemo at our fundraiser, she was in an area that was monitored. For more people, I would do a higher pen just to be certain no one can just pick her up. Depending on how skittish the bunny is, you can add a hiding place.

397400_417006241712772_1722713603_n.jpg

It can depend on how she does away from home, but if she is more outgoing she should be fine. Keep in mind that some rabbits won't take treats away from home, so if you are relying on her to take food for your demo, then there could be problems.

I would suggest making sure you are allowed to bring her as many schools don't allow animals. Best to ask first so there isn't a problem.
I would take a pen for her so she has somewhere to be and can be seen by people. You may want to have it so that people can't just reach in, so a top would be good. I would also not leave her unattended as you never know what people will do.

Hi and welcome to RO! Personally, I'd just include pictures or videos of her rather than bringing her with me. If it's anything like my science fairs were it will be a stressful environment.

Depends on your rabbit really. We perform all over with our rabbits and they are totally at ease in their pens, but we slowly work up to it. We just make certain that no one is able to touch them.

How long would the rabbit be at the science fair?

Here's an example of the pens we set up at events. This is Nemo at our fundraiser, she was in an area that was monitored. For more people, I would do a higher pen just to be certain no one can just pick her up. Depending on how skittish the bunny is, you can add a hiding place.

397400_417006241712772_1722713603_n.jpg

Clover would only be there for about 4 hours-tops. That's a really setup and I'll try doing something like it. Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back