Rabbit Trancing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trancing is fun :)

I've always had a trick with trancingbunnies. One of my favorite things to do is go into a pet shop, take abunny out of the bin, flip it over on it's back, cradle it in my armsand trance it, then walk about the shop. People look at me like they'venever seen a rabbit before and are just amazed at the "sleepy" lil babybunny.

It's never been much of a problem to wakethem up either. Gently roll them back onto their stomachs, supportingthe back and bottom with your hands. They come out of it (some moregently than others).

Personally, I use a combination of thetrance and burrito method to clip Elf's nails. I burrito her, then flipher over and rub her nose til her head falls back in the crook of myarm, then I pull out a foot at a time to clip. She's so mellow that Idon't have to fuss with her too much, though.

Minda

Oh, wow, Minda! Thanks for sharing this. This is great info!!! :D

I can't wait to try it on Sherman. I know it's goingto be a challenge, but I at least want to give it a try. I'mprobably going to have to wrestle him over to hisback. :(

BTW, GREAT pic of Elf Star! You go, Elf! :dude:

Cookie will let me hold him like that for about anhour or two every day. I usually wrap him in the bunnyburrito and then flip him on his back and pet him from the tip of hisnose to between his ears. He also likes it when I pet hisears and rub them at the base. My husband can hold him likethat but only for about 15 or 20 minutes at a time. Sometimeswe can hold him like that without the burrito.

Wabbitwuv

I only trance Jade, and I just wanted to mentionto be careful when they do come out of it that you are sitting down andthe tranced bun is close to somewhere they can jump to. Since, Jade hason more than a few occasions 'woken up' rather startled-

BEST OF LUCK with Sherman! You would definitely have to get a picture of that when it happens BunnyMommy!

Cher

Thank you BunnyMommy! I just tried itwith Apollo and it worked. That is so cool. This is going to make nailtrimming so much easier. Again thank you

Tina

Cher, you're right that I'll definitelyneed to get a picture of it if it works! You knowSherman. 'Nuffsaid. ;) lol!

Oh, Tina! That's encouraging!!! If itworked for Apollo, thenmaybe I can get it to work for Shermansince he's a rather big bun too! I wanted to try it lastnight, but he must have known what was coming because he ran, and ran,and ranbefore I finally caught him (bad, bad bun!!!:X). By the time that I did catch himboth of us were too worn out to give it atry.:( I'm going to try itagain tonight. Will let you all know how it goes.

That's all right, Rose. :)

I've read that it doesn't work on all rabbits--a good majority of them, but not all.

Some do, some don't.

"Authorities" disagree about its effect upon rabbits. Someclaim it is as peaceful and restful as it appears. Othersclaim it is related to the "flight" response to a predator.The fearful bun, grasped by a predator,"feigns"unconsciousness or death, all the while it is extremely aware of whatis going on and it heart is beating furiously Assoon as the predator relaxes its grip, the bun will startleto full motion and make good its escape.

Fact of the matter is I can find no one who knows exactly what is goingon during trancing. Carolyn and I have often talked aboutlistening to the heart rate prior to, and after, trancing to idetermineif there is any change, but have yet to actually perform theexperiment. Frankly, they "look" too relaxed to be in somekind of "flight mode" in my estimation, but like the rest of them, Icannot tell exactly what is going on.

Suffice it to say, it has been going on for years, and I've yet to readof any bun actually suffering from it. I would not worry toomuch about the "danger."

Buck;)

Oh, Buck, this is very interestinginformation. I've never heard of the alternate "predatorresponse" theory. Very interesting. :)

When Cookie is like that, he actually looks likehe's smiling. He will show his front teeth and is veryrelaxed. Sometime he will grind his teeth, other times hewill start to wash his face and then snuggle even closer to me.

When he comes out it, he will flip over fast. I just makesure that I have a good grip on him so he does not hurt himself.

Wabbitwuv

Here is a picture of Kibbles in atrance. I laid him between 2 pillows and he stayed there forabout 45 minutes! No Joke!

kibblestrance.jpg

This is AWESOME! :shock::shock::shock:

Did he come out of the trance himself or did you bring him out?

1. [align=left]Hypnotism- [/align]

[align=left]This restraint can be used for minorprocedures, such as nail or teeth trimming, but is unsuitable for mostpainful procedures[/align]
Method-

• [align=left]Firmly scruff the rabbit's neck with your dominant hand [/align]

• [align=left]Cross your nondominant hand underneath to scruff the rump [/align]

• Invert the rabbit onto its back-

• [align=left]Roll the rabbit onto its rump [/align]

• [align=left]Quickly lie it on its back [/align]

• [align=left]Transfer your hand from the rump to the abdomen [/align]

• [align=left]Keep the rabbit's spine and head straight [/align]

• [align=left]Gently stroke the rabbit's abdomen
    (the nictitating membrane- 3rd eyelid- should move over the pupil when the rabbit is hypnotized
    [/align]

• [align=left]Check the pedal reflex by pinching thetoes- a properly hypnotized rabbit won't move [/align]

• [align=left]To end the hypnotism, slowly and gently sit the rabbit on its rump and then onto its feet
    [/align]

aww those are such cute pictures! I haven't beenable to trance Oreo.. I'm not even sure I should try since she doesn'tlike being picked up to being with I'm too afraid that I'd hurt her orshe'd hurt herself struggling to get free :?

~pam

Latest posts

Back