rabbit rescue website

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brimmhere

Reaction score
ok i have a vet lined up to take on any rabbits imay get in. also in the process of obtaining a non profitanimal rescue paper work was sent out today should get itsoon. getting supplies lined up. so far i thinkthis will work out well! and have the support of family andfriends so thats another plus!

here is the link if anyone would like to see it or pass it along!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/marshmallowsrabbitrescue/

Good for you. We need more caring people likeyou. I know a couple of people that work for the rabbit rescues up herein michigan. Just expect a steady stream of bunnies because there isalot of homeless pet and breeding rabbits. Whenever you adopt one outthere will always be more to take its place. Also,bepreparedto put up with alot of SPO's(stupid pet owners).Because your gonna see alot of them when dealing with rescue.

well just got another contact with a male dwarfneeding to be surrendered :( told her i could take him to letme know. i guess her friend had him and left him incage pretty much neglected him. she is now takinghim til she can place him. but doesnt have a thing for him no cage,food, nothing. she said the cage he was in was loaded up withpooo and very nasty and she asked the friend if she could take him justto get him out of that situation. keeping fingers crossed shecontacts me back soon so that i can get him.

Sounds exactly like Chompers situation until Irescued him. I was supposed to hold onto him until we found anotherhome for him. Well, that was going on two years ago....

GOOD LUCK!! I hope everything goes alright foryou! I think there should be somemore bunny rescues in Texas! I don'tthink there is one! There is just shelters that take in a bunny ifsomeone drops it off. You know like the dog shelters and stuff! Whereare you located? It would be cool to come see the new shelter.

Kim remember there area lot of SPO's out there and for everyone theres also 2 uninformed , ormissguided owners also , stupidity comesfrom ignorance not from lack of knowledge, remember to print out the cheatsheets posted at the begining of the forumto pass out to all prospectiveowners, they will appreciate it trust me, i have been usingthem here since i found thisforum , Its a very pleasant thing to watch aprospective owner skim thru andsay oh i didnt knowthat or can you really do that, they usually go away moreinformed because of the sheets i printout . and lol yesCarolyn i print them all lol . Thecheat sheets also lets themknow exactly what they are getting intoand how to deal with it , and theyaslo know they can come hereseeking advice , I also post my email address onit along with the forumaddress so If by chance theycant get me they can come hereand someone is always willingto help them ,

I also put right on there ,that"" There is nosuch thing as a stupid question , the onlystupid question is the one thatisnt asked"" !. you will actually see therelief on their face for themfew words.

Are you starting an animal rescue center? If youare tell me, because good for you. We need more people that care aboutanimals. People who are abusive and mean to animals don't belong in theworld any more. I want more people to care about animals and to stopbeing so cruel. Any body has an idea about how to make people to careabout animals private message mew with your email and we can start agroup for money and donating it to animal shelters.

thanks,

FrenchLopGirl1280

hey im only 20 mins from bloomington i live up in chenoa!!

well how im doing it the rabbits will be in our back yard inhutches. during cold times as in winter we have a shed thatis very warm that they will be in. im only planning onkeeping up to 7 rescues at a time. as i want to make sureeach rabbit has all the proper care time socialization and play time aspossible. we get our marshmallow out in the house at least 2times a day for a couple hours each time to play. and justover a weeks time she has really opened up and started to trustus! what a turn around she has made!

also wanted to let everyone know i talked to thestate ag dept my paperwork in on the way to fill out on obtaining a nonprofit rescue lisence. also talked to city hall about anyzoneing issues. two people both said they see no problems atall. also have a vet lined up who knows alot about rabbitsthat will help me out. our current vet doesnt see rabbits only cats anddogs. im going today to purshase supplies and hubbys going tomake me a few new hutches. got my shed area cleaned up andready to go as i will keep rabbits in there during badweather. has 3 windows for ventalation and have gotten offersfor cages, supplies that people are willing to donate to me:) and i have a supplier close by of bales ofhay!! said i could come once a month and get one or 2 baleswhich ever amount i needed no charge :) im really hoping ican do this!

ive already gotten one email that told me to give up now. there wasplenty of rescues i could just volunteer at if i wanted tohelp. well not close to me there isnt the closestive found is chicago which is 2 hours north. other than thatthe options are shelters or pounds. ohhhh also havemy name up at the local animal pounds that if someone calls about arabbit that i may be able to accept it. i explained to the gentlemanthere all the steps i was going through he said that waswonderful to let him know if i get the lisenceapproved! keeping fingers crossed! arethey really hard on approving non profit licenses? doesanyone know?

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR SOOOOO MUCHSUPPORT! WITH ALL THE SUPPORT I REALLY THINK I CAN MAKE THISHAPPEN!

bunnylover78642 wrote:
GOOD LUCK!! I hope everything goes alright for you! I thinkthere should be somemore bunny rescues in Texas! I don't think there isone! There is just shelters that take in a bunny if someone drops itoff. You know like the dog shelters and stuff! Where are you located?It would be cool to come see the new shelter.
There are three or four bunny rescues that I know of inTexas. One is in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.Another is in Houston (they have a website called bunnybuddies.org orsomething like that - I know it is bunnybuddies for sure). Athird organization is in Austin I believe and I am not sure but theremay be one in San Antonio - maybe not. I can't remember forsure on that - but I know about the first three for sure.

Peg

Latest posts

Back