Rabbit proof this room!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, just found out from my parents that the items in the storage room cannot be removed, due to the fact that we have no place to put them. So I've decided to make due with what's in there and just clear the floor/make adjustments. I took a few pics of the room to show you what it currently looks like, and I'd like advice on what I should do to bunny-proof it.

Warning! Huge pictures ahead!

s5l1zl.jpg

2n8pwdg.jpg

14e9y8k.jpg

r8s36r.jpg

1ziuqe.jpg

23i83no.jpg

112bl1y.jpg

2dma8tw.jpg

e7flfa.jpg

124y7ue.jpg

I would have a yard sale to get rid of the stuff you guys don't want. Then if that stuff doesn't all sell, donate it to goodwill. If your parents don't want to have a yard sale, then pack all the loose stuff up into those plastic storage notes you already have. Put it all to the side to give the buns a bit of room. Make sure there are no cords/cables down anywhere for the buns to get to. Or after you clear a spot for them, put up a big x-pen for them, to keep them off and out of the stuff. A lot of people put tarps down on the floor to keep their floor from getting messed up by the occasional accident.

I think your best bet in this situation is probably a pen to contain the rabbit rather than trying to bunny proof that entire room.

I wish I was close enough to give you a hand. I enjoy organizing spaces like that.

I would agree with the others though, that I would condense whatever must stay.

Maybe you could put stuff on garage grade shelving (18-24" deep, not the 12" deep as shown in one photo) against a couple walls to open up the area. The plastic storage bins are always handy for organizing. Loose items and items in the open crates and in the open grid shelves could go in more bins instead. Having all the same size bins makes it easier to stack and store. Label each bin. The buckets and paint cans could go on garage shelving.

Then you could use a couple x-pens to make a large exercise area that could also be their permanent home.

Garage sales are great too. I've heard some say that if you haven't used an item for 2 years then you probably don't need it, so why store it? (Ha, just don't come over and peek at my garage.)

I'm like Blue Eyes - I would love that! I agree with getting rid of as much as possible. We all have stuff sitting around that we don't need. Everything that HAS to stay, I would organise in those plastic boxes. You don't need to bunny proof it, just get it stacked in one corner and block that corner off.

I'm a firm believer in storage bins and shelves and hanging stuff on walls and from ceilings. Just need to organize, eliminate, and pack up. Then you can make a Pen in what foor space you have left to use.

I would start with the cage/bunny run also rather than doing the whole room first. Are you going to make a NIC cage with those white storage cubes? That's a good way to reuse.

You can condense most of your stuff to one half of the space, especially if you don't have to access it very often, and block it off with gates. It looks like you have some wood and things you can use to cover up the shelves, etc. I find that stacking high works best for me.

Latest posts

Back