Rabbit digging ALL NIGHT LONG!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinkerbunnies

Reaction score
My Blackie Chan has been having some weird behaviors in my room lately. Two nights ago, he was thumping every 15 seconds. Now, he was digging in a very small corner THE WHOLE NIGHT. I got about 5 hours of sleep. Can any of you tell me why he is doing this? I'm a tired, hungry, rabbit loving hooman in need. Thanks!

He may be bored, want your attention, wants to snuggle with you. If he's put in his cage at night, that could also be a reason. He wants to be out.

You don't want to pay attention to him when he does this or you will be training him to thump and make noise to get your attention. You need to find other methods to keep him occupied or happy through the night. Like spending time keeping him busy right before bedtime so he's tired when it's time to sleep. Or activities to keep him busy at night, though this in itself could be noisy and disruptive.

I myself can't sleep with a rabbit in my room. Far too noisy and busy at night. I would never sleep.

Thanks! I tried to pet him a couple times, but I ended up going back to bed. I tried to plug my ears. This is the first time he has done this. I have been letting them out during the night, so maybe he wanted his turn? Also, do you have any other advice? I had put more on my Rabbit thumping through the night. Can you take a look, and let me know on that page? Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back