Rabbit abscess

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emikuu

Reaction score
02BEE272-DED9-41D4-8C3A-D188AD142661.jpegC2153BC3-CCA4-4371-9A9C-82B49C0B9E24.jpeg
So my rabbit had her abscesses treated via surgery and at the checkup after the vet said it had some puss in it so he drained it cleaned it.He didn’t seem to worried about it only that it just gets cleaned properly which I have been and giving her medicine.The thing I have a question on is that if it looks good or not?Does it look healed and abscess free?Thanks

It looks like it's still healing, but I can't see signs of pus. The best thing to do would be to check back with your vet to be sure. You don't want to have gone through all that and relax too early, and have the abscess return. It's very important to stay on top of cleaning the pus out and continuing the antibiotic course, or that pus could just come right back, as infections can be very difficult to clear up completely in rabbits. I had a rabbit with a head abscess, and I was giving heavy duty antibiotics and flushing the pus out for a month, before it finally healed up completely.

Medirabbit: skin abscesses

Medirabbit: abscess management

I know I’m replying late my apologies.Anyways,the vet said the culture came back and there’s no trace of infection yet it kept coming back so it is a bit puzzling.

Back