Question For poeple with a lot of buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runestonez wrote:
Oh and the housesitter????? Our feisty angry little lionhead that the housesitter hated...gave her a bruise across the top of her nose and two black-eyes before we got home! :biggrin2: Are we havinFUN yet???!!! LMAO!

Danielle
That is one tough rabbit!

LOL:D

Peppers is one of our rescues...she and her sister were very aggressive when we brought them home...Peppy has come a long way but still can only be handled safely by me! lol Even my hubby who plays the role of good guy(does all the treats and greens etc) can't pick her up yet...we brought them home in 2005!

To give her credit...she didn't box the housesitter into submisson...she kicked the door of the hutch closed on her face...and then kicked her a couple of times for good measure! lol I did warn the housesitter to avoid contact with Peppers...but Peppy is a black double-mane lionhead,all of 2-3 pounds and is cute as all heck get out...very deceiving! The sitter is lucky Peppy just kicked and didn't try to bite!;)

Danielle

JadeIcing
Currently I have here.... 12 rabbits, 3 gps, 2 reptiles and the dog.

And she does a TON on the forum and manages to also stay personally connected to EVERYBODY. Ali is such an over-achiever. ;)

Me? I'm definitely an underachiever. ;) My place is a mess and I flake out on everybody all the time.

But it only really bothers me when it bothers other people. If somebody comes over and looks at my place like their sucking lemons, I'm feeling bad that I'm not living up to their standards.

But then I look at the bunnies and remember that I'm living up to THEIR standards, thank you. And honestly that's what I really care about. I don't care about spreading joy to Martha Stewart clones, I care about giving those who don't have a say in life a little joy.

I do find that bonding bunnies really has been the ticket. It doesn't matter how many bunnies you have, it's how many cages.

I had six bunnies in four cages. I was doing okay until I got the two new Flemish. I really was in no position to take them in, but not to do so would have cost them their lives, so no choice there.

While they were in the same cage, it was an extra burden -- they're big, and they're still babies, and that means big poops, more pee, more food.

And then they turned out to both be boys. I had to build another pen, put out another place/bowl/water dish to tend to daily.

I had eight bunnies in six pens, including one outside on the front porch.

And I was having eye surgery and had two new roommates who were/are total slugs with no interest in the rabbits, I had/have zero help, making everything that much harder.

I was overwhelmed. Then Radar died, partly because I was overwhelmed. He was in the roommates area, they were supposed to watch him (part of the rental agreement), they didn't, and I didn't catch it in time.

So then I had seven bunnies in six pens. It got harder because I needed to do more to entertain Darry, Radar's widow, who I had moved to the living room. Juggling out time was another pain.

Then I bonded Darry with my single boy, Mister, and suddenly things got easier again. I have seven bunnies in five pens. It really made a difference.

Now if I can just re-bond the Flemish boys...

When I am feeling overwhelmed, though, I just need Mister or Sherry or Pipp to come running over for pets, or or I remember the horrible place where Darry came from... or I watch the Flemmies trying to binky... or Marvin... being Marvin -- and it all goes away. :)

sas :bunnydance:

But it only really bothers me when it bothers other people. If somebody comes over and looks at my place like their sucking lemons, I'm feeling bad that I'm not living up to their standards.

But then I look at the bunnies and remember that I'm living up to THEIR standards, thank you. And honestly that's what I really care about. I don't care about spreading joy to Martha Stewart clones, I care about giving those who don't have a say in life a little joy.
:yeahthat: 

Good thread

I agree with Pip. We house is a MESS, but we have not been clean people in years. I think we are messier than the animasl though xD I hate the mess but it does not bother me horribly. I just wait for a "cleaning mood" to kick in and then I do all I can and hope it stays livable until the next mood. If I can move through it, the animals are happy, and I can tune out the griping from my mother/sister I am normally ok.

It would not be so bad if I have help. The animals are "my deal" so I am suppose to do everything for them. Well, if I get no help cleaning then it is dirty. Don't like it? Get off your butt and pick up. I am the only one that cleans in the house, mom does the kitchen once every two weeks or so but that is just because I refuse to clean in there. I mean the animals are not in there so... not "my deal", right? *snigger*

Back