question about my my english angora baby bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCbunnybabes

Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
I was wondering ? Is it possible for one bunny out of a litter to be a dwarf? Our newest addition is a an English Angora. She is a little doll, but so tiny. Her litter mates are about 4 times her size and their fur has grown it already too. We love her to pieces, but I am worried about her size. The lady I got her from says she hasn't grown since she bought her and her sisters from a breeder in December .She is 3 months old now. Have you guys every heard of this before?

This is her. Ciara

Ciara.jpg

This is her size against my husbands hand and a bottle of laundry soap.

Ciarasize.jpg

I have 2-3 month old flemmies. Chubbs was the runt of the litter and half the size of Lilith. That was...about a month ago now. He is already almost the same size as Lilith. Just some good nutrition and time helped him catch up with his sister.

English Angoras do not carry the dwarfing gene. She probably is just a runt. My suggestion is to feed her some oatmeal (quaker kind) and lots of hay and pellets. Are you feeding her all the pellets she can eat?

Sharon

Remember with oatmeal get her the original and not instant. It'll say original on the packaging.

Be sure, as with anything, to add the oats gradually, though. Don't want to upset her tummy! :)

Latest posts

Back