Pros and Cons of Breeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helena

Reaction score
I've done lots of research with breeding bunnies and have also had lots of experience with breeding (or taking care of baby) animals in general. I'm thinking about breeding but still undecided. I just have a few questions for all those with bunny-breeding experience ;) .

1. If I only breed a doe once, will she have any healthcare problems? False pregnancies? More prone to cancer?

2. Will my doe be in danger if I breed her. Is there a high percentage of death from delivering?

3. What do you breeders think about crossbreeding? Is crossbreeding dangerous?

4. Will the doe go back to being normal after the pregnancy? Will there be changes? Pros and cons? Just cons?

5. Anything I should really know that i couldn't find searching the internet?

Now honestly, I don't even know if I will breed bunnies. I raised some baby birds (an emergency case) and man it was tough! 😂 A living nightmare! But they were cute....... Anyway they had to be fed 30-60 minutes. I guess cutup worms and cat food were the worst part (not to mention all the poo). Thanks you so much! 😁

I had an add-on 😂
6. What do you guys think on LH and WJ cross?

Okay! Thanks for your answer!

Latest posts

Back