Problems with mites

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessary

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this forum so hopefully I'll findsomeone with some answers. Our bunny, Bamboo, has been losing patchesof hair and has some very raw patches. After taking her to a vet,hegave us injections of Ivomec 1% which has thus far beenineffective. She is house kept and spends the bulk of her time in ourlaundry room. We have thoroughly cleaned this room with mild, commonhousehold cleaners which were used after the appearance of her symptomsbut she continues to get worse. Can anyone suggest a treatment optionthat has proven to be successful for their bunny? Thanks!:)

Hi Irecently had a similar problem with one of my cats. She had aterrible case of ear mites and through some trying stages I consultedsome people I know. My mom was one of the best for a viableanswer and said that I should put cloves in her food because cloves ridthe body of peracites. At that moment I also remembered doingsome research on herbs and wormwood was one that also was used in the"Old Days" to rid the body of peracites.

I took her advice and myknowledge of herbs and put them together and no more mites.With ground cloves found in your local grocery store you can put in asmuch as you figure they will let you get away with and still eat ordrink the item. With wormwood PLEASE do someresearch.

It is not recomended this dayand age for ingestion due to its potency. It can causenerological damage if ingested in too high a dosage. Myself Iuse it for myself and children and animals but in extreemly small dosesand only when needed for peracites. (Which once used once is seldomeneeded more than a couple of times a year.)

Cloves could take a few weeksto accomplish the job but its safe without any possible mistakes(healthy). Wormwood works in as little as 48 hours but bevery CAREFUL! I am a bit of a naturalist and if I can avoidmodern medicine I do. However, modern meds have their placeand are good used in the proper proporsions also.

Best of luck with your babyand if you want to check out our family web-site please feel free to doso we are in the process of adding the new photos soon.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/sgidget5/Home.html

Depatie Family.

Did the vet test for a possible fungalinfection? If the fur mite infestation has caused a bacterialinfection, antibiotic ointment may need to be applied.

For severe cases of fur mites, a kitten dose of Advantage is often effective. (This can be used in conjunction with the Ivomec).

Pam

Latest posts

Back