Probably isn't appropriate...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie_LuLu

Reaction score
Ok, so I told ya'll how Lulu decided to hump myfriends guinea piggy, so they can't play together, but she has a newfriend. We have balloons in our apartment that have been there sinceSeptember (not hellium, obviously, lol) and when Lulu was a baby shewas scared of them, but now, she is in love with them. I wasn't worriedabout her popping them because I knew they would slowly deflate withany puncture, which several did.. but my roommates and I could not stoplaughing.

She needs to grow up ASAP so I can get her spayed!!!

Random question, since i'm full of questions, is it normal for a bunnyto become more attached to their owners when they start to mature, Imean atfirst all she would do was run around, she didn't care who waswith her, she would just run and binky non stop, now if I come backinto my room and leave her in the family room with my roommies she justscratches at my door and like runs into it until I come back out andshe is constantly at my feet, or she'll jump on the couch and snuggle,its just weird, I mean I love it, but she changed from not reallycaring to always needing to be near me.. strange.

I really do not think it is safe for her to bearound ballons. If they popped it could hurt her or possibly send herinto shock. Most of the time when ballons pop, they break into lots ofpieces and it isn't safe for her to eat a piece that you possiblymissed picking up.

I'd pick a safer toy, like a big rolling ball with a bell in it.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Like I said when they pop they don't break intomany pieces, she popped 2 of them already, they're all on the verge ofdeflating because they are so old, one tiny scratch and it slowlydeflates, in one big piece, so nope, no missing any pieces at all. Andit didn't make a noise it just deflated silently and she still keptgoing, until she realized the balloon was gone.
She actually has a ball, without a bell and she wants nothing to dowith it. She likes the balloon because it actually gives while a ballis hard.
Trust me, I would never ever let her play with it if I felt thatit would hurt her, or even had potential. I'm not a bunny expert, but Ihave common sense :)

I threw all the balloons away, she is not a happy bunny now.
Do bunnys normally get this, excited (?) at around 3 months?

I wasn't giving you a warning to be mean. I just wanted to make sure she wouldn't get hurt or eat the balloon, that is all.

Yes, it is normal for her to hump. It is a sign of dominance, not only because she wants to mate.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Yeah they hump as a sign of dominance. Evengirls will hump other girls.:? Not a very pretty thing to watch, butthat's what they do.

Latest posts

Back