Pregnant lionhead

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan101

Reaction score
Hello I bought female lion that was already pregnant when I got her . They said they breed her on dec.30 and she still hasn't had her babies yet . She mad her nest in the box with her fur and everything but no babies what's does this mean ?

Give her another day. Sometimes, a stillbirth can happen if you do not encourage the birth. Make sure your rabbit is drinking enough water also. Hope this helps! Also, do not be frightened by this info, take your rabbit to the vet or call a vet if the babies dont come within a day.

Well since today is only day 31 now she has all day.
Has a professional palpated her? Has someone even confirmed she is actually pregnant?
If this is her first litter any you dont see anything by day 32/33 it might be worthwhile to visit a vet to help out.
Perhaps one of our breeders will pop on and give you some answers.

Unless she's been palpated you don't know for sure she's pregnant, but it's better to assume she is. I've bred does and they build a nest and not have anything, so it happens. If she doesn't have anything by day 34/35, and she is pregnant then they will more than likely be dead. You can always take her to a vet to confirm if she's pregnant and he can induce if she is.

Update: I took the nesting box out two days and and woke up to find a dead bunny in her cage .

Latest posts

Back