PREDATORS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tterster

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with any predators wit their outside bunnies? What kind of predators????

Well I don't have problems with any so to speak. But I have to watch for cats and birds when they're out in their open runs.

Other predators depending on your location:

• foxes
  • raccoons (can open latches easily)
  • coyotes
  • bears
  • wild cats
  • various birds if left in the open
  • dogs
I'll post more if I can think of any.

To me one the worst predators i can think of inmy location is naughtly little neighborhood kids. I'm not sayingthere's too many of them, but there's a couple young boys that livenear me that seem to not be very nice to animals. I'd hate to leave anyof my buns outdoors just because i'd worry what one of those boys mightdo. It just scares me when you can see a child mistreating animals at ayoung age... because you kind of know what to expect of them as adults.

We have to worry about bears, rattle snakes,scorpions, and the occasional mountain lion. I know a local breeder whohas New Zealands, and he was telling me some horror stories about hisrabbits being attacked before he got a barn put up. I am really worriedabout this summer - I don't think I will have to worry about bears ormountain lions as I live more towards town.. but the rattlesnakes andscorpions will not be fun. The scorpions will get into their boxes, andthe rattle snakes will go after the kits :shock:. Hopefully I will havesomething set up by spring.

~Nichole

We recently had a cougar get loose in ourarea. It's been seen many times and has hurt horses, runhorses through fences, stolen rabbits and chickens, and killed a pony.

We don't have cougars. You just never know what mighthappen. We do have a few bobcats, and coyote from here toeternity.

When we got Bo and my daughter phoned her daddy to tell him, he said"But honey, there are coyote and they'll get in his hutch and killhim!" and Lexi said "well that's why we got a little bunny! he's gonnalive in the house with us!" :p

Phew, tell a farm boy we're gonna have a farm critter in the house sometime! LOL! It can be interesting to say the least!

We have a fox that comes by often, here's apicture of him in our back yard. Our yard is not fenced so we don't letany of the pets loose in the grass, so it's not a big concern for us.We have a wood balcony/deck high above Mr. Fox that our dogs, cat, andrabbits play on.

Megan

180wtt

Latest posts

Back