Please Help..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IluvBunniez

Reaction score
My Cousians live down theroad from me. There Nine,Five,And Four year old. They have 3 rabbits.In 2 cages. The petstore told them that two of there rabbits weredeformed and COULD NEVER PRODUCE. well they did There grandmother seenthem yesterday. There was 5 of them and 4 died. They have hay in thebox and mom and dad are both in the same cage with the newbornbaby.They wont seperate them. I think the dad ate the other ones but imnot sure.When i went over there today to check on the baby The mom andthe dad was both sitting on the baby is this normal?I have never had ababy bun before and my family down the road dont know how to care forone. so i told them i would keep a eye on it. They said they dont actaggersive toward the baby or if anyone tryes to go in there cage. ifAnyone have information for me i would really appecaite it.

Thanks a bunch

-Ashley,Thumper,Fay

There buns are- cutiepie,Mr.sniffles,hopity and the baby( who is still pink) anyone know how old it mean it is?

well when i went over there today, thebaby looked really small but had a round belly. So i know its beingfed.The other babys they found where on the bottom of the wired cageand that one was in the box.Im so scared that the daddy will eat thatbaby. its so cute and soo teanie. There cage is outside and its(FLORDIA) here. so its really really hot. They dont really payattension to the rabbits, they only feed and water them, they sometimespet them. There staying at my grandma's right now becasue my cousianslive in a Apartment and cant have them. the kids usally play with therabbits but since they have been living over there they dont get playedwith i check on them when i can, but they need attension, i broughtthem carrots today.I was thinking about bringing thumper and fay overthere to play like i have done before. but being there girls i dontwant to take a chance on them getting pregnate expecially the rabbitover there being deformed in more than 1 way. i dont want them to getpregnate and the babies die due to that.

Sweety them rabbitsneed to be seperated and quickly, If they wont listen to reasonthen call some one who will listen, can you talk to the gerandparentsand see if they will move themale out of there ? More than likelythe female rabbit is going to have babiesagain in 31 days , can you have yourMom talk to them ? or your Dad? give it a try andlet us know how you make out .

Thats what i was telling them. I waslike she is most likley already pregnate agian, and the male willprobley eat the baby. She is stubborm ( she isnt my grandmother really.its just ive known her all my life so i call her that and i call themmy cousians) Anyway the nights are still chilly and the baby is gonnaget cold. They wont listen to me i even offerd them a cage for the timebeing until they got anthore one for the male. they said no and not toworry about it. thats its not there problem its the RABBITS owners andthere children. i asked my mom if i could take the momma and the babyrabbit for a while but no one will let me. i would even keep it insideto keep it warm and not in the heat. I feel so bad becasue there isnothing i can do and im just sitting here while that baby could die. Imjust so glad that i found out how they react to bunnies and i willnever leave mine in there care. i was going to breed mine with thenormal healthy bunny but i changed my mind.

I wouldnt want tobreed your female to thier maleif theres a chance of deformity , Ifthe grandmother isnt about to listeni would have to suggest calling the aspca, hard as it may be for you todo its best forthe rabbits .

They have 3 bunnies the 2 thatsdeformed are in the same cage there the mommy and daddy. The otherbunny is in a cage by himself and he is healthy.My mom says since werelow on money right now that i cant take them in unless there willing togive me money to feed them. The kids mom should go back over theretommrow and ill wake up extra earile and see if i can take the mom andbaby for the time being until they can get the male fixed or until theget anthor cage. and not knowing NOTHING about rabbits they threw awaythe hair that the mom pulled out for her young.

If anyone needs me ill be on

[email protected]

NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE AND NOT TO BE RUDE but PLEASE, if you are NOTready for baby bunnys PLEASE DONT put a male and female in the samecage.

I have some bad news i wentand checked on the buns now the road. The little one isnt with usanymore.I really wished there was something i could of done.

-Ashley..

I'm so sorry,Ashley.

It really does break my heart when I hear of these stories. You certainly tried to help, but your hands were tied.

-Carolyn

Im sosorry Ashley , you did the bestyou could Hon , its so heart breaking tohear and to see stories lke this , butit happens more than we will ever know ,

You did good bytrying to educate them , but i stillstand what i wrotebefore if there not being taken care of properlyhon please call the ASPCA , i Believein Florida its calledAnimal Controll . goodluck hon .

Yeah, I have never delt with a newbornbunny before.All i know that the baby was being fed but when i wentover there today the nest box and baby were no longer there.I just feelso bad and i know its not my fault being i am 17 and i have to listento my elders its just i really wanted to help and it hurts knowing thati couldnt. I have learned alot from this.Never leave my buns in therecare.Dont get a male until i am 200% ready to have babys and matureenough to handle them if the mom wont take care of them. To have aseprate cage for him.Im so glad i have this fourm to fall back onthough, everone is so nice and understanding.

Thank you guys!!!!

-Ashley

I'm so sorry :(

Even though you couldn't do anything....the important thing is that you tried.

And that's coming from an elder! ;)

I'm so sorry, I could just see your frustrationover this coming through in your posts. Nothing is worse when you KNOWwhat is right and no one will listen to you....then exactly what youpredicted to happen happens!

Wish there was something I could do to help.

I am so sorry!! I would also suggest calling theASPCA!! I called them twice about my neighbors not following the looseleash law and not feeding their dogs... Then another neighbor calledthem about a dog attacking their chickens and the neighbor got her dogtaken away!! It was for the best and she was a golden retriever so wehoped that she would easily get adopted. I hope that rabbit does nothave more bunnies!! That would be sad!! I am sorry that you had to gothrough that!

P.S. I also hate it when ELDERS think they know everything! Coming from a 13 yr. old!

I just want to take a moment and say how sorry I am. This has definitely been so hard for you and I'm sorry.

I don't think it's just elders honey I think it's justs certainkinds of people. They are just some people who won't listen to adviceno matter who gives it.

Tina

Latest posts

Back