Please help. American fuzzy lop being breed to another type of rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abdelghany

Reaction score
I have an american fuzzy lop boy and can not findhim the same type of girl:( Can I mate him with a differenttype of rabbit. If so would their babies be half and half ormixed. Please help..He is lonely. Thanks

I recommend responsible breeding. The offspring of a Fuzzy Lop buck with another breed will be mixed breeds.

Since a buck and doe should not be left together unless spayed orneutered, a doe will not help ease your buck's loneliness.Are you breeding for show? What will you do will theoffspring? The pet market fluctuates widely and you often getstuck with baby bunnies which will need to be separated into cages oftheir own.

I think you should set a clear goal and proceed in finding a purebredAmerican Fuzzy Lop doe if you should decide to breed your buck.

Pamela Nock ~ ARBA Judge

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

Thanks Pamela,

I am not trying to breed for show. Here in Qatar people loverabbits and there are never enough to go around. So i wascontemplating saling them to the pets stores. My rabbit camefrom Cyzech Republic and they have no idea when they might get more inlike him. So this is why I wanted to find him a local rabbitwhich is like a Rex. He is an adorable rabbit and loves tohang around us. However, I can not have him in the house forlong hrs because he is not potty trained. So I was hoping fora mate for him. I was unaware that I could not leave a boyand girl together. So I might just get him a boy forcompany. To bad, he had 6 brothers when I got him.No sisters at all. I wish I would have gotten him one of hisbrothers now. Thank You so very much for this information.

Alisa

Latest posts

Back