Please help all breeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tessie wrote:
pamnock wrote:
I have had does retain kits and show no outward symptoms (normal eating, drinking, and caring for kits already born)- that's why it's very important to be able to palpate.

Just because everything appears ok, doesn't necessarily mean that it is.
Well I just checked her agian and small amount of blood in her liter box. i felt her bottom and she has no blood on her. Is it normal for her to still be pulling fur? I swear i'm not just seeing things I turned on the bedroom light and looked with a flashlight (she is black so it is hard to see)I can still see rolling in her belly, like close to her ribs. That is where I saw the fist babies moving. I have a blackberry tree is that what I am suppose to give the leaves from ? I also have parsley that I give her.

Does may pull fur at any time after kindling (some will pull additional fur if the temperature drops).

Visual observation is not an accurate way of determining pregnancy. Palpating is one of the the best ways to determine if a kit is still retained.

pamnock wrote:
Tessie wrote:
pamnock wrote:
I have had does retain kits and show no outward symptoms (normal eating, drinking, and caring for kits already born)- that's why it's very important to be able to palpate.

Just because everything appears ok, doesn't necessarily mean that it is.
Well I just checked her agian and small amount of blood in her liter box. i felt her bottom and she has no blood on her. Is it normal for her to still be pulling fur? I swear i'm not just seeing things I turned on the bedroom light and looked with a flashlight (she is black so it is hard to see)I can still see rolling in her belly, like close to her ribs. That is where I saw the fist babies moving. I have a blackberry tree is that what I am suppose to give the leaves from ? I also have parsley that I give her.

Does may pull fur at any time after kindling (some will pull additional fur if the temperature drops).

Visual observation is not an accurate way of determining pregnancy. Palpating is one of the the best ways to determine if a kit is still retained.
Thank you for your help. I did get a chance to really feel for babies I felt nothing
She is being a awesome mom Laying in front of the nest box and looking in to see if all is well. Her ears felt hot but her feet are cool so I am assuming she doesn't have a fever .I think at this point she is ok.:) So now with her just having two babies I will keep then. I pray they are girls.

T.A Bunnies wrote:
Hi, dont worrie about it everything is completly normal here.
i agree :)

Latest posts

Back