PlayingOrFighting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelsea_x

Reaction score
Hi ,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me witha problem we are having with my two rabbits

I have a rabbit called Lilly who is about 2 years now and Ellie who isabout 1 year.They are both females and we would really love it if theycould be friends. We started letting them out in the garden togetherand the youngest rabbit keeps running up to my other rabbit and sort ofchasing her in circles . The other day they seemed to be getting alongwell but we arent sure if they are fighting or playing.

Can anyone tell me how to stop this kind of behaviour , and how we canmake them friends as we desperatly want them to be able to share thegarden in the summer. If we just let them fight will they stop and getused to eachother ?

Any suggestions would be very gratful

Thankyou

Chelsea x

no , neither of them are , could they still be friends if there not ?

x

chelsea_x wrote:

x

No, they need spaying asap or else they are going to fight - thecircling is the start of this. Please dont let them together if theyare going to circle one another as this will lead to major fighting andyou will not be able to bond them again.

Girls are very territorial, and they will now be wanting to 'claim'their own space. If they are not neutered they will certainly fight,and the bond will be lost forever.

I'm talking from experience here, and my two were sisters! luckily igot them spayed before the hormones set in properly and they are closerthan ever now.

chelsea_x wrote:

x
It is possible, many have done it, including myself, however I stronglyrecommend spaying them for more reasons than that. Uterine cancer isvery common in older unspayed females. Spaying completely eliminatesthe risk.:)

Although my girls currently are not spayed, we are going to get themdone in the future, we are currently looking for a vet who hasexperience and a good reputation in spaying does. If you can afford itand have a rabbit vet in your area I would advise getting it done.:)

And spaying will make it more likely for them to bond - which is lovely - having more than one together.:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back