Pie and I are doing great

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coco_puffs

Reaction score
Losing my little Coco was an unbelievable shock and you all helped me immensely. Thanks again :)

Pie is fitting in around here beautifully. She binkys like a little crazy bunny all the time, and seems extremely happy. She uses this house like a race track and she runs so fast she's just a streak. When she binkys she's INSANE! I'm seriously worried about her hurting herself. I've never seen anything like that!

What's funny is that she loves to sit on the steps like Coco used to. She loves Coco's rabbit hole but doesn't shred it nearly as much as Coco used to. She is an excellent eater and rejects all the junkie treats Coco used to love.

She's scared me a couple of times! I've been growled at and grunted at. She has tagged me (not really a hard bite, more like a hit) several times, but she's not done any damage. Coco nailed me hard three times and bruised me. But ... I'd say she and I are adjusting to each other quite naturally. I never approach her when I'm filled with emotions (which is often right now) as I know that she can sense that. I have been living with animals for many years and understand the absolute necessity of being able to handle my animals. I'm still a bit afraid of her and she of me, but we're working it out.

Sam and I are now paranoid-level careful when walking around here, and have plans to pen her at night so that horrendous accident will never happen again. I won't cage her so it's going to take a more sophisticated pen-type enclosure. But we are careful until we can make that happen this weekend.

BIG news is another bunny is in the picture. I never really agreed with the idea of keeping an animal as a lone species if not necessary and made the decision to have two rabbits before Coco passed. So ... a little black baby will be coming home with me in a few weeks. She's infant-young, still with her mother (I call her a "her") and I'm going to visit her tomorrow night.

Thank you for listening, and I hope you all are doing well :)

Glad you and Pie are doing well! I know its hard losing a furbaby and you will never forget them, but there are lots of other bunnies that need our love and care, and they help heal us as the same time. Looking forward to more updates on the new baby!

I'm glad you and Pie are adjusting to each other well! Its always hard to loose a pet, and I'm glad Pie is helping you heal. I can't wait to see pictures of her. That's great that you are adopting a new baby bunny. I can't wait to here updates when you see her. I'm sure your so excited to get her. :)

It sounds like Pie and you are doing really well together. :) And I'm sure you're excited to see your little black baby!

Latest posts

Back