Pet gates

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I don't want my rabbits going down the stairs as they are very steep and there is a hard floor below. So, I want to get a pet gate. But my stairs are very awkward and I need a gate with at least two panels that can go at a 90 degree angle. I am struggling to find something that can do this that is also fairly cheap, high enough so my rabbits can't jump over, and with thin enough bars or mesh so they can't squeeze through it. I have found on, but it's quite expensive. It is the Richell convertible elite pet gate. Will this be okay? Any other suggestions for what I could use?

Baby gates are for me one of the biggest problems with having buns. We have some that have chewable material in the center of the gate. It's basically a plastic lattice. For that we removed the material and replaced it. We replaced it with some fencing we have. The gaps in the fencing are small enough buns can't squeeze through but big enough you can see through it well and because of this it looks better in the home.

I also have a gate that is metal and is made with just the bars running vertically. The gaps between the bars are big enough for the girls to get through easily. Thumper tried but got stuck half way through. To fix this I zip tied some of the same fencing to the vertical bars. It doesn't look too bad and has fixed the problem.

They richell convertible elite pet gate that I was looking at has gaps that are 1.13" apart. I have a male dwarf lop and a female lion head. Will they be able to get their head through do you think?

I have no clue as I have a Flemish and two mixed females. I do know they can feet into smaller openings then you would think. Hopefully someone with those breeds will chime in.

I looked up the gate online and it looks from the images that the spacing should be ok. I know my little lop can squeeze through spaces that are pretty small but that looks like it would be too small to get through.

Latest posts

Back