Peg's Lionhead thread / babies/ moms & more

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll look for you at the show Peg. Ican't wait to see all your Lionheads. One of my friends thatis coming with me owns a precious lionhead girl named Simba.I am totally in love with this bunny. I am sure that my nextrabbit is going to be a lionhead.

Art saw this while I was feeding tonight and insisted we take pics. But I don't know...to put them here...or in Tiny's thread?

Anyway...the backstory....I have a litter that is in the process ofbeing weaned. Last night they got their cage open and have been runningaround in the dining room. Not a big deal - we caught 3 of the 5 andplanned to catch the other two later. They were playing and havingfun...

And Tiny is so good with babies...right?

Well - Tiny heard me feeding and he came running out for supper....but it looks like he wasn't the only one who was hungry..

(Babies: "Mr Tiny...are you going to eat all that? That sure looks good.."

Tiny: "They may think they're lionheads ..... but around here...I'm the Lion King!")

Peg

Oh my god that is priceless.

Yep. As Art said, "I wouldn't say it ispriceless...but here you have the biggest and the smallest freeroaming- and eating together.."

It really does show you though how gentle flemish giants can be...

And the babies - they just want to climb all over him - they think he's a big stuffed toy.

NO - he is NOT their daddy...

Peg

JadeIcing wrote:
Oh my god that is priceless.

Aww...Tiny is so wonderful. I just love how fatherly he is to everybunny...

:inlove:

Awwwwwwwww....! Talk about cuteness overload!

Just seeing Tiny with the babies is making me really want a Flemmie - for personality.

Flemmies are awesome - they really are.

The thing is....Tiny hates to be alone. I have some girls that willjump the barrier to be with him...but then when they want to mate -they start mounting him to show him what they want. He looks at themwith this sad look and then he looks at me and begs me to put them backin the rabbitry (otherwise he'll try to nip me if I take them away).

Right now his two newest gals are pregnant and waiting to kindle (one has pulled fur already) - so he is all alone.

We are talking about letting Miss Bea become bonded to him - but she'solder and I don't want to spay her and risk losing her. I think shewould be very happy if she could live with him - but - she is not asgood about her litter box use as he is....

Anyway - flemish are cool - they really are. My lionheads remind me of flemish....only with an extr a set of batteries inside.

Peg

Aww look at Tiny with those babies,that's so adorable:inlove:

I would really love a flemish!,anyone who has one are just so lucky!

cheryl

Tiny actually usually stays out of the rabbitryand away from most of the rabbits. They disturb him while he sleeps.However, he will tolerate does and the young ones like this.

If I have a buck in a temporary cage in the dining room though - I cancount on Tiny coming in and peeing on the corner of their cage andchinning their cage and laying beside their cage...and there are timesI swear he's lecturing them on how he's top banana here.

I have a few does that will jump the gate to come be with Tiny....andwhile I suppose I could make the gate more than 2 NIC cubeshigh....I've watched some of them CLIMB the gate too. Booberry and Tinyget along well (she's in a mama's cage now and has pulled fur). Popcorndrives us crazy as she can get over anything...but alas, she got lockedin a dog kennel style cage where she can't open the door. Once she hasher babies - she will have some free time every day.

Both of those girls love to be with Tiny and even will allow the otherone to be with Tiny too....but when they wanted to breed - they drovehim up the wall. I actually saw one of them chase him from his favoritespot out into the dining room - trying to um...yeah...breed with himall the way. That's when I took her away.

He knows if he brings me the doe while they're messing with him likethat, I'll take her away and give him something and tell him he's stilla good boy.

Anyway, he doesn't regularly interact with the babies - but when hedoes see them - he's really great with them. But he won't let themclimb all over him. I think Ginger is the only one he ever let do thatto him.

Peg

Haley wrote:
Tiny is awesome! Is he good with all the babies?

I'll try to get photos this weekend maybe. Ihave a litter that has three brokens in it - but I'm wondering ifthey're broken blue tort vs. regular broken tort (black tort).....sincethe color is so light...

Peg

Haley wrote:
umm Updates?? :ponder:

so regular broken tort is black, what is tumnus?and is it favorable to have the marks on the nose? I like them without:) But Im prejudice.

Tumnus is the regular (black) tort - a blue tortwould be much lighter in color. I'm wondering if he is a broken - or acharlie - since he has less than 10% color on him. Pam could probablytell you that better than I can - I'm just used to seeing them withmore color.

You can see a blue tort here:

http://www.lionheadrabbit.net/gen color c12 wideband.htm

It is the second one from the left in the top row.

I didn't realize Tumnus was about 4 pounds till I reread your blog toget a good look at him. WOW.....he's about the size of my brood does.Nothing wrong with that...just he looks so much smaller to me.

Anyway - I will try to update soon - I am just waiting on thesebabies.....but I do have some cute ones that have their eyes open nowand love to get into mischief...driving their poor mama crazy.

Peg

I think youre right and he is a Charlie, thatwould make sense why he has no mark on his nose. And he is a biggie boyfor a lionhead. He needs to lose some weight, hes feeling pretty solidright now. He has been with me for about 8 months and has gained over 2pounds (he was so thin when I found him).

Anyway, cant wait to see the new babies! I just wish you were closer so I could come over and play with them, Im so jealous!

Some of you who read the rabbitry area also -may remember my thread about the blue doe that I had which then Ithought was a buck (thanks to Tiny) and how I was disappointed.

Well - I checked "him" today and he is definitely a she. I guess I hadpressed wrong or too hard the last time - but she is a she.

So I need to name her.

I really like her a lot for looks - I know she'll keep her mane becauseit is very very crimped (even her skirting is crimped). Her mama is asingle mane doe that kept her mane - her mom's dad is a single manebuck (Harry, aka "Stud Muffin") who kept his mane...her dad kept hismane.

So she's pretty valuable to me for what I'm getting in the mane gene.I'm not thrilled with her ears - they're 3.25" almost and she's stillyoung. But they don't look too bad and when I breed her to the rightbuck (Nathaniel - who I'll have to photograph sometime soon and sharehis photo - he's a blue tort)....I could get some nice babies.

Anyway - here she is. Maybe y'all can help me name her...

I thought about Bluebeard's Lady ...but I think I like Lady Blue or something like that....I did think about Sapphire or Azure.

HELP?

I hate naming rabbits.

Peg

P.S. I'm including several photos so you can see how she's developed!

I like Azure but that could be cause I am spanish. :bunnydance:

Well - her name is going to be either

Blueblood's Lady

or

Blueblood's Treasure

Oh - speaking of Blueblood - here he is - I just made arrangements tonight to buy him and pick him up at Lionhead Nationals...

and for Haley and the others out there who love brokens - here is a more current picture of Castle Gate's Triad

Peg

EDITED TO ADD: The show quality rabbits I get from Bluebloodand the blue doe will take on names like "Lady Blueblood" and "DukeBlueblood of El Rey" and "Prince Blueblood" and stuff like that -basically - my showline from these rabbits will have names that reflectroyalty. Blueblood was named this because his ancestors were named"Prince Charles" and one son was named "Prince Harry", etc.

I want to go to nationals. :tantrum:

Latest posts

Back