Pastruella

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need the most info you can get about the diseasePastruella (Swedish spelling).

Do you know any good sites there you can read about Pastruella?

Grettings:
Amanda from Sweden

Oh wow, sorryI missed this!

We have a lot of info in our RO Library on Pastuerella. Do you suspect your rabbit has it? Can I ask what his/her symptoms are?

It's flowing a transparent snot from ther noses,they are also wet around the noses.And when I have read on the internet about Pastuerella it seem like they have it.

That link Aina gave you above has lots of info:Pasteurella

Although its usually identified by a white thick discharge. More than one of your bunnies has a runny nose that is clear? Have you recently switched to a new type of bedding or is their food/hay dustier than normal?

You may want to take one of them to a rabbit savvy vet to have a culture if you think its not environmental. Also, I dont know how many bunnies you have, but be sure to keep any with the runny nose quarantined and wash up between petting/feeding.

Galfvensj�s Rabbits wrote:
It's flowing a transparent snot from ther noses, they are also wet around the noses.And when I have read on the internet about Pastuerella it seem like they have it.

Most rabbits test positive for Pasteurella - it's a generallyharmlessinhabitant of the rabbit's nasal passages just as it is in dogs.

However, a disruption to the rabbit's immune system can cause an overabundance of the Pasteurella bacteria which may cause symptoms of rhinitis. The Pasteurella can also spread to other areas of the body.

Bordatella is one of the pathogens we see commonly in conjunction with a Pasteurella infection here in the US. It is also seen in conjunction with other bacterial infections.

Many times there is damage to the nasal linings and cavities causing chronic rhinitis.

Pam

Latest posts

Back