Oxbow Supplements?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BB03

Reaction score
I have a question! So, I've been using Oxbow digestive supplements for my bunnies since I first got them, and now I introduced the joint support supplements due to them getting older. But, I was wondering how often I should be switching them out. I would love to buy more supplements from them because I've seen some people buy like three different kinds of oxbow supplements for their buns. I was just curious if I should switch them every other day or weekly.

I think you should be fine giving both of them (joint and digestive) 1 per day each.

It depends on how sensitive a digestive system your rabbit has. Those supplements all contain grains and sugars, which could cause digestive issues if too much is given, especially for some more sensitive rabbits. I'm not really a fan. 'They seem more like a treat cookie than much of a supplement to me, though I'm sure they might be a little helpful, but I certainly wouldn't feed more than one a day.

Better than a gimmicky digestive suppelement to 'help' a rabbits digestion, encouraging more hay consumption and feeding greens and forage, are far better ways of improving gut motility and health. If I felt supplements were needed for digestion or other specific health issues, I think I would be more inclined to try the sherwood ones. I like their ingredient lists better, with no added grains, and just a little fruit as a sweetener, for the most part. They are more expensive than the oxbow though.

It depends on how sensitive a digestive system your rabbit has. Those supplements all contain grains and sugars, which could cause digestive issues if too much is given, especially for some more sensitive rabbits. I'm not really a fan. 'They seem more like a treat cookie than much of a supplement to me, though I'm sure they might be a little helpful, but I certainly wouldn't feed more than one a day.

Better than a gimmicky digestive suppelement to 'help' a rabbits digestion, encouraging more hay consumption and feeding greens and forage, are far better ways of improving gut motility and health. If I felt supplements were needed for digestion or other specific health issues, I think I would be more inclined to try the sherwood ones. I like their ingredient lists better, with no added grains, and just a little fruit as a sweetener, for the most part. They are more expensive than the oxbow though.
Thank you so much! I’ve been feeding them the digestive supplements for years now, but would love to try the Sherwood supplements! I mostly use the oxbow supplements as daily treats which my bunnies LOVE. But I don’t mind trying the Sherwood ones out! Have you tried them?

Back