Overly Proud and Happy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KieraKittie

Reaction score
I have had my bunny for over a month now, I spend time with her in her room, moved my netbook in here so I can surf the net and play my games while keeping her company. She used to always run from my hand after sniffing it, but recently started nibbling food from it and taking treats. Slowly, I was able to pet her as she nibbled on food and treats but she would hop away after a moment or two. Yesterday I picked her up after a mild game of chase and spoke to her softly as I cradled her close. She still don't seem to want to be picked up but, but stays calm once you hold her. I want to show her its okay, so I try to get her into it every few days or so..

ANYWAY, for the first time today after my daily treats from my hand, I poked her a bit in the butt while she was digging at the air vent on the wall, she turned to me an came over to my hand, after a sniff or two she did something she never done before.. She NUDGED ME!! She nudged and let me tickle her ear with my finger and pet her!! I was so overwhelmed with happiness. I moved my hand away, but she apparently was not done, she followed it and sniffed me once again before giving my fingers a nudge.. I'm over joyed! I wasn't sure she would ever show interest in petting her. Just when I thought I would have to accept only being able to sneak in a pat when giving her treats. Noone in the house understands why im so darn happy! LOL

*So very happy!*

:biggrin2: I share your excitement! My english angora is starting to get to know me after a week of having her. I sat on the floor cleaning our their pen and she literally crawled on my lap to sniff me:party0002: she will always sort of climb my leg and she sticks around too. I love it! Fuzzy love is he best:big kiss:

Its so nice when they begin to trust you and start reciprocating the attention! Congrats

I feel the same way! Although we haven't had our little guy for long, I'm not sure if it is the breed or if my hubby just did a really good job of picking us the right bunny but everything seems to be moving smoothly.

I think I'm drivin' him nuts though because every time the bun does something new I have to go share it with him.

That's wonderful!!!! It's so very exciting when you start to win the trust of a bun. I agree, only other bunny people really get why these little things are so incredible.

:yahoo::pinkbouce::weee::party0002::pinkelepht::clapping:

Fantastic. I am so happy for you. Derby has been with us for just over a month. He is happy to be pet, will let you pick him up but not delighted with it ( tolerates it ) and will sit beside you on the couch. Last couple of days he has been jumping up on the bed and scratching to be snuggled. Well at times after the 3rd or 4th time up he just scratches and doesn't know what he wants. He is 4 months and has a teenager itch or need and hasn't figured it out. By the time he stopped last night, the attention of him getting up on the bed wasn't quite that great. lol He is just so cute, you cannot resist him.

That is great, she is starting to trust you. It is a great feeling and it will only get better.

Aww... I'll never forget when Dexter first started getting used to me. I used to spend hours laying in the floor waiting for him to approach me. I still remember the first time he licked me :):hearts

Latest posts

Back