our new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayraysmama

Reaction score
Hello we are new tothis site and have purchase a dwarf bunny for our 2 year old.He is excellent with the rabbit. We have him in a cage with ascreen bottom and he's in our kitchen. My question is how isthe best and proper way to care for our little fellow? Heloves lettuce but should he be eating it? Any informationabout our little fellow would greatly be appreciated. :?

Iceburg lettuce is a definite no! Rabbits need asteady diet of rabbit pellets and timothy hay, carrot and apples and"rabbit treats" are ok once or twice a week, no more as it could domore harm then good!

Welcome RayRaysMom,

M&SMom's right on the mark! A good pellet feed is essential, somebrands are Purina, Heinold, Blue Seal, Nutreena (anyone else, pleaseadd).

As M&SMom stated, timothy hay is added fiber to help the digestivesystem to function properly, keep their back teeth in good health, andprevents furballs.

Also M&SMom mentioned fruits, vegetables and rabbit treats. They'refilled with sugar and too much is harmful to their systems. Too manyvegetables or fruits will cause runny stools. You don't want to gothere.

The most important thing for your rabbit's intake for a healthy,balanced diet is a good rabbit pellet, I like to use the extra fiberthat Timothy Hay provides, and fresh water is a Must. If your rabbitdoesn't have water, it won't eat. If you're in a hurry, give the littleone water before anything else.

Hey M&SMom,

*High-Five!*

-Carolyn

lol thanks Carolyn, I always forget to mentionclean, fresh water as a must, need to like have a post-it note on mycomputer so I remembre to add it in next time!

lmao pamnock, you would think you would learn the first time. :pDo you really want another jellybean hang over?

*Hysterically laughing*

Ahhh M&SMom!!

Ya took the words right out of my mouth!

Ohhhhhhhhh Pam!! You're as bad as the rabbits!

:?

What is this Caffeine/Jelly Bean diet?? No wonder you're like this the next day: :shock:

*laughing Laughing LAUGHING!*

-Carolyn

Carolyn she needs it for her busy schedule! lol,and yes pam you are as bad as the rabbits,:p I'd say enoughof those sweets. I would like to know more about this jellybeancaffeine diet :pit sounds about right for me!

lol it sounds bad for your teeth! ;)

Make sure you brush 3 times a day!! Or else you won't have teeth to brush, just like my grandpa! ;)

Well -- so far I've lost 10 lbs. :) Ideleted flourfrom my diet and eat very little meat or dairyproducts. (Thatpretty muchleaves lettuce, jellybeans and caffeine.)

Also, I don't eat anything after 5:00 pm (except jelly beans, of course).

I can judge rabbits for an entire day on 1 can of cola LOL

Pam

wow lucky you!! I wish I liked Jelly Beans!! Then I'd for sure try your diet :)

Does chocolate work?!? lol ;)

I wanna lose 50lbs, just don't have the will power to do so

Chocolatewon't work -- has to be emptyrefined sugar calories -- we'll call it "Pam's Jelly Bean &Caffeine Diet". I'll write a book and make amillion :dude:

It's working better than my friend's "Eat Everything You Can PossiblyStuff In Your Face For Breakfast & Don't Eat Again for 24 HoursDiet".

I previously lost 50 lbs., then had another child and gained someback. Lost it again, quit chain smoking and gainedmore. I would like to loose 20 more pounds.

Pam

Wait a sec -- How did the "Our New Bunny" thread morph into "the jelly bean diet"?

I amWAY too easily distracted :D

Pam

lmao, all of the posts seem to do that, they start off as one thing and end as another topic!

For instance, the "Pam Nock" one turned into purse talk lmao!

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

That jelly bean/caffeine diet is somethin I could do. Can I eat as many jelly beans as I want to?

I'm sick of the Lean Cuisine meals!
GIMME THE BEANS!!

Have you ever tried the gallon of water a day diet? That works wonders!Within 2 weeks, you'll have lost weight. Water metabolizes fat cellsand breaks them up. I guarantee, if you fill a gallon of water in themorning and drink it by the end of the day (not an easy feat at first),you Will lose weight.

-Carolyn

I think I need to lay off the McDonald's lol.

Also I don't get any excerise. Maybe once the warm weather gets here, Ican buy a bike and go biking and for walks...:) I wanna be skinnyagain!

Latest posts

Back