OT-People Over 30

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
Peopleover 30 should be dead. Here's why...................

According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us whowere
kids in the40's, 50's, 60's, or even maybe the early
13_9_5.gif
probably
shouldn'thave survived.

Our babycribs
15_5_11.gif
werecovered with bright colored lead-based paint.

We had no childproof lids on medicinebottles
29_4_55.gif
,doors or cabinets, ...
and when we rode our bikes, we had nohelmets.
7_1_45v.gif

(Not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.)

As children, we would ride in cars
15_1_56.gif
with no seatbelts or air bags. Riding in the back of a pickuptruck
7_2_127.gif
on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from abottle.
12_4_49.gif
Horrors!

We atecupcakes
12_11_3.gif
,bread andbutter
12_4_58.gif
,and drank soda pop
12_4_6.gif
with sugar in it,

but we were never overweight
10_8_11.gif
becausewe were always outside playing.

We shared one softdrink
12_4_50.gif
withfour friends, from one bottle, and no one
actuallydied from this.

We would spend hoursbuilding
12_5_6.gif
ourgo-carts out of scraps and then rode
downthe hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes..
After running into the bushes a fewtimes
10_5_135.gif
,we learned to solvethe
problem.

We would leave home in themorning
29_4_9.gif
andplay allday
7_2_107.gif
,as long as we were
back when the street lights came on
12_5_25.gif

No one was able to reach us all day.

NO CELL PHONES!!!!!
542.gif

Unthinkable!

We did not have
Playstations,
7_1_112.gif
Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, no videogames
7_8_1.gif
atall, no 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, surroundsound,
personal cell phones, personal computers
29_4_10.gif
, or Internet chat rooms
3_8_9.gif

We had friends!
4_4_104.gif
We went outside and found

them. We played dodge ball, and sometimes, the ballwould reallyhurt
23_13_9.gif

We fell out oftrees
16_4_45.gif
,gotcut
4_2_108.gif
andbroke bones
15_1_71.gif
and
[size=2PT]teeth
12_1_135.gif
,and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.
[/FONT][/size]

]]They were accidents. No one was to blame but us.

Remember accidents?
23_29_109.gif

We hadfights
10_1_114.gif
andpunched eachother
10_1_121.gif
andgot black and blue

and learned to get over it.

We made up games with sticks and tennisballs
29_4_78.gif
and
ateworms
16_7_207.gif
,and although we were told it would happen, we did not put

out very many eyes
82.gif
, nordid the worms live inside us forever.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home
12_1_121.gif
andknocked on thedoor
12_5_1.gif
,or
rang the bellor just walked in
7_2_118.gif
and talkedtothem
4_12_7.gif

LittleLeague
18_7_11.gif
hadtryouts and not everyone made the team.

Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Some students weren't as smart as others, so they failed a grade and
were held back to repeat the same grade.
3_3_103.gif
Horrors!

Tests were not adjusted for any reason. Our actions were our own.
Consequences wereexpected
3_3_100.gif
.The idea of a parent bailing us out if
we brokea law was unheard of They actually sided with the law. Imaginethat!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solversand inventors, ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation andnewideas.
346.gif

We had freedom, failure,success
23_30_104.gif
andresponsibility, and we learned

how to deal with it all. Andyou're one of them!Congratulations!
303.gif

Please pass this on to others who have had the luck to growup askids,
1020.gif

before lawyers and government regulated our lives, for our owngood !!!!!

People under 30 areWIMPS
23_4_7.gif
[/font]

Ahhh, The Good Old Days!

When no one ever heard of Lyme Disease. :)

-Carolyn

Matthew loves horses and I was telling himyesterday how my friends and I would ride bareback, set up rows ofgarbage cans and jump our horses over them. Yikes!The things we used to do :? I often wonder how we survived LOL

Pam

Pam, you forgot to mention that we used haltersandl led ropes rather than bridles!! I wonder how much of this isn'tpart of the whole ADHD factor? (I idid a terrible thing last night).

Halters and lead ropes? I got my facesmashed into a wall when I jumped up on a green colt sans anyheadgear :shock:

Pam

Do you think we can blame video games for kidsbeing overweight.we only had three stations on tv and no video games.we played outside a lot and candy was a rare treat, pop was aspecial treat for when we went to town once a month.We rarely had chipsin the house.bluebird

Lucy/Thumper wrote:
Pam, you forgot to mention that we used halters andl ledropes rather than bridles!!
Hey! I like halter, leadropes, and bareback better than a saddle. :pShesh, I jumped 3'3" bareback. :p

*Mimicks her dad.* I had to walk 5 miles to school in 6 feet of snow, uphill both ways!

Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

LOL -- My Dad's story is how he got paid a penny to how a row of corn. It took the entire day to do 1 row!

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Halters and lead ropes? I got my face smashed intoa wall when I jumped up on a green colt sans any headgear :shock:
LOL! I think I'm just the younger version of you. :pAlthoughI never ran into a wall! I jumped on a Quarter Pony in the field. Shewas broke but you couldn't tell. She took off racing down that field,bucking and spinning the whole way trying to throw me. Of course, shecreated a stampede and I had to hold on for dear life because if Ifell, chances were not good of me getting out unhurt. Those were thedays when I was crazy and never told my parents of the stupid stunts Ipulled, lmao.

When you're older, you just don't take thosefalls so well anymore. I still suffer almostcontinualpain in my hip from my last bad fall about 15 yearsago -- I couldn't even lay on my left side for about 10years. Now -- come to think of it, ayoung horse did smash me up against a wall after that -- I think thatwas my last bad incident.

Rabbits are safer than horses :?

Pam

well it was great that kids could actually gooutside without their parents before age of 12. My parents spent theirentire childhood running around somewhere getting in trouble.

I played a lot with Lincoln Logs andblocks. Used to make some awesome castles with blocks andthen pull out the Fisher Price 'Little People' and play for hours withmy cousin.

-Carolyn

LOL!!!:D That is too funny. Iplayed with Barbies and horses. My brother would spend dayssetting up dominoes all over his room and then all the kids in theblock would come over to see it go down. I lived in Illinoisat the time and we had the only hill in town.During the winter we would set up snow ramps for our sleds.It is funny b/c I live in North Carolina now and when I went back to myold house I could barely find the hill. It's all in theperspective.

I am sure most of us 30 somethings can relate tothis. I remember spending most of my time playing out, and we neverworried about how dirty we got, or germs or anything. I used to playwith lego a lot, and a local department store often held legocompetitions. I often feel sorry for todays kids, as I think our'politically correct' society tends to prevent them from doing manythings we enjoyed doing. - Jan

yeah i think the whole born in 70's can relate..we had ABC NBC AND CBS and ifthe president was onyour TV night was shot. Played with linkn logs,wooden blocks, of and the now lil plastic people who fit into cars andonto tiny fingers were wooden.. i recall leaving a couple mine outsideaccidently and they got wet and swelled, did i mention they were stillin their cars.. they wouldn't come out they were stuck.. a few daysdrying solved that. I had rag dolls, and a couple barbiedolls.i was outside all by myself at 3 yrs old to play, no oneworried,.. course we had 5 dogs imagine someone trying to steel a kidwith 5 dogs:pLOL

1 TV, 1 phone, my cousins and I often rode in the back of my grams pickup truck. and I believe wasn't it 1978 that they stoped making leadpaint?

oh they forgot one, no car seats, babies used to ride on mummy's lap..

We got soda or slush puppies when we went to the coutner at the local drug store. .... what else can anyone think of LOL

Bigwheels! We would ride them upeveryones driveway and would be invited in for icecream orcookies. And thier was always one that if they "caught you"you would get stuck hearing all about their families andgrandchildren. ( I live in the same townhouse for 11 yearsdon't know many of my nieghbors let alone my son being invitedin. We walked a few miles everyday for french fries andmilkshakes at the drugstore and we were young when we started.

im 15,a nd even I had legos growing up. myfavorite activity growing up was pulling the huuuuuuuuuuuuge tub oflegos down the attic stairs and into my room, and creating a littlevillage. then cleaning it up so i can get out of my room. *sighs* iwish i knew where the legos were, id play with 'em again.

I think this should be entitled People over 20...I'm 22 anddid alot ofthe stuff above! Itwas as I was getting into my early teens that the 'panic' started totake over. We used to jump the fences of our street playing'the grand national' (getting scratches and yelling neighbours afterus), played 'bike hidey' - basically hide and seek with bikes round thestreets, football across the street, Kerby (you throw the ball and hitif off the kerb to get it to bounce back to you), slid down chutes intoour paddling pool, giving ourselves dead bums in the process LOL, and Iended up splitting my head open just walking along a street (I walkedinto a lamp post! LOL Eejit!), my brother split hishead 3 times and his lip twice(accident prone me thinks!).Shows how 'dangerous' the world was back. LOL Itdidn't bother us, and it gave us stuff to do. I loved thosesummer nights when 10 or 15 of us would all get together and play'hidey' or a couple of us would go down to the park (a mile away) onour own and play on the swings or the roundabout. You justcan't do these things anymore, and it's such a shame.*sigh* I want to play bike hidey!!! :D

Latest posts

Back